Thank you all for the advice and feedback.
I had to adjust the truss 2 times and redo the setup but the buzzing is pretty much gone.
The hardest part was the waiting between the truss adjustments.
When I first got this LP about 2 months ago she apparently had been sitting somewhere for a while and I don't think in the best of places thus the corroded strings and fret wires she originally had. The neck luckily wasn't twisted or warped but it needed some serious truss...
DoneOne to answer your questions:
1. what strings were on it when you got it?
- unknown they were very corroded and totally shot, tried checking gauge with caliper and they seemed to be 10/11 so I installed 10s.
2. How low did you have your action set?
- Can't give you the exact measurement...
All Thanks for the replies so far.
I have already replaced the:
1. Bridge and Tail piece (installed New TonePros parts)
2. Since I did have 2 very worn tuners I also replaced all of the tuners with a set off of a 90's LP broken neck I had been given.
I have also been back over the guitar and...
Ok I know I have seen this particular issue listed several times and have tried all of the fixes that I have found listed, of course maybe I missed something.
I picked up an 88 LP Standard a couple of months ago. The setup and strings were horrible so I cleaned her up took her to my friend who...