Zzounds vs Sweetwater

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by penguinchit, Dec 14, 2017.

1. MikeyTheCat

MikeyTheCat Senior Member

Odd, I just bought a Trio pedal for my son from Sweetwater and they called me to let me know it's back ordered by a few days. The damn pedal was only $45, not a $3K guitar, but they reached out to me personally to let me know.
    Now that's customer service.

penguinchit and FennRx like this.
  2. Assault Bacon

Assault Bacon Gold Supporter

I've ordered from both companies. I've had no problems at all with either and I've not known Sweetwater to sit on anything before shipping it. Perhaps I've been lucky, but I would do business with either company again and not have a second thought about it.

3. penguinchit

penguinchit Senior Member

Offspring opened the guitar yesterday and absolutely loves it! He hardly left it alone all day. I tried it out and I'll be ordering an orange model for me!

VicodinDream likes this.
  4. Static

Static Senior Member

Never purchased anything from Zzsounds - but I buy plenty from Sweetwater. 99% of everything has come off without a hitch. Until I spent $1200 on a new amp and received a unit that was DOA. There obviously was no pre-ship inspection, it didn't even have a power chord in the box. However, a beautiful new one arrived two days later with one call the CS. They responded beautifully and it has had me make Sweetwater a first choice - if I can't find a better deal locally.

5. VicodinDream

VicodinDream Senior Member

I go with Sweetwater a lot. They usually ship USPS with stuff I order. But I usually order small stuff and have it within 1-2 days. I've ordered from both with zero problems. Now FedEx usually means a headache for me. They "loose" my packages, or "cannot find the address". Just yesterday I had a toolbox arrive damaged. The damage I can get over- it's a tool box that will house a large assortment of my guitar, firearm, automotive tools. It's going to get dings and such. But it's knowing it had this end up stickers, and they were ignored. If I purchase my amp I am planning to get soon- if I go with Sweetwater I plan to travel to Ft Wayne.

6. penguinchit

I changed my mind and ordered the Snow White model. Same thing except it's a maple fretboard and white body. Very classy looking, but they're being discontinued, so it's no guarantee that I'll get one. If not, I'd still love the Neon Orange.

7. penguinchit

I couldn't get the Snow White from SW and the Neon Orange has a 4-week wait, so I found a shop on Reverb that matched the price. I should have a Snow White JS32 on Monday!

8. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

I just ordered a new Gretsch from Sweetwater, and it's scheduled to to delivered tomorrow. So far it appears to be right on time, just like they said. I've bought from them before and never had an issue.

9. Lemonburst R8

Lemonburst R8 Junior Member

I'v bought a few high end guitars from sweetwater in the last 10 years. The service is great but you have to know how to work these guys or they.ll work you over. I started buying guitars from these guys because the local stores have no selection and the people that work locally in the music stores are clueless and have bad attitudes. I bought a new 2018 Gibson USA explorer it was a demo I got it for next to nothing with 36 months to pay for it. I wanted a guitar that had been sitting around and was played and was constantly tuned and I was looking for a cheap explorer to do a pseudo custom shop upgrade on. i.e 63 ABR -1 conversion nickel Kluson tuners and a vintage Black beauty cap and bone nut, white guard,(you see where we're going) When the guitar arrived the set up was horrible but no worries it all came apart. The wood was already very open sounding and broken in. I don't buy from ZZ sounds cause I dont wanna pay local sales tax. It's incredibly expensive to live in the NE as it is. So I like Sweetwater but these guys will pester you to death if you let em. Peace to All

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018