zZounds experience?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Minte, May 12, 2013.

1. Minte

Minte I need a snappy title Premium Member

They have a good price on a guitar I am looking for. Anyone have experience ordering from these guys,, good or bad?

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Senior Member

Aren't they owned by GC?
    A large online retailer.
    They are fine - relatively speaking.

3. Jack's back

Jack's back Senior Member

I've used them a couple times and they are very good, imo.

4. Minte

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

I like the pickup options on that. Those 25th Anniversary red/blue superstat type RG series were calling to me a bit ago, but I didn't jump.

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Guitaraholic Premium Member

Nice! I'll be looking for your NGD thread!

7. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

good experiences here.

Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android

8. csplayer089

csplayer089 Senior Member

They are good. And their Pay As You Play program is good as well.

9. Ace1432

Ace1432 Senior Member

zZounds is good. i bought my EPi BB from them many years ago. i prefer sweetwater or AMS these days

10. Minte

I'll get back to this thread tomorrow(tues the 14th) with a review on these guys. I went with the next day delivery and it is supposed to be on a plane right now.

11. kolbi2112

kolbi2112 Senior Member

Never bought a guitar from them but no problems with any other gear purchases. Willing to negotiate too.

12. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

wont use them anymore.

I spent several thousands with them. One day I ordered a Blackheart Little Giant. It wasn't for me, so I returned it in the same packaging that it was sent in. zzsounds then charged me a restocking fee. The supervisor Chad told me I didn't send the amp back in the same box, so I was being charged $60. After a heated discussion, he said he would credit me $30 but that was the best he could do. I reminded him that I had just bought a SG Std and Les Paul Std Faded a few months before, but apparently $30 was worth losing a customer for life.

Now I deal with Sweetwater. Zzsounds Ssucks.

13. Jack's back

Jack's back Senior Member

Most, if not all, on-line retailers have similar policies when it comes to returning an item. Below are the policies of both Zzounds and Sweetwater. Fwiw, I have purchased from both as well as AMS and MF. I assume their poilicies are much the same.

From Zzounds:
    When do we charge restocking fees?

Rarely. We can only accept items that are returned without signs of wear and tear and with all of the original contents and packaging. Wear and tear refers to any damage that was not present when the merchandise was received - rack mounting damage, scratches, dents, etc. Contents consists of any included parts and accessories, as well as the warranty card and manual without user's notes or markings. Packaging includes all inner and outer packaging, complete with the original barcode affixed.

Items not returned in the condition described here may be subject to restocking fees (minimum 15% of the purchase price, as determined by our cost of replacing the missing items including a processing fee for this labor-intensive process) or refusal of the return. Larger items (from manufacturers such as Auralex) and items that we ship directly from our vendors can be subject to a minimum 30% restocking fee. This fee may apply if you refuse delivery or as a result of delivery exceptions, as well as from a typical return.
    These conditions apply to all returns regardless of the reason for the return. A restocking fee will be charged for any defective item that is returned in damaged condition.

From Sweetwater:
    "No Hassle" Return Policy:
    We want you to be completely happy with your purchase from Sweetwater. If you are not satisfied with any product, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price, an in-house credit, or exchange for another product within a fair amount of time from the shipping date (30 days or so). If your purchase was eligible for Free Shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.

Returns must be in the complete and original packaging with all accessories and complete documentation (Owner's Manual, warranty card, quick start guides etc.), show no signs of wear or use and include a Return Authorization number or be subject to a restocking fee. Please see "Non-returnable Items" below for a list of items that do not apply to this policy.

The bottom line is it's all good as long as you're happy with your purchase and don't want to return it.:)

14. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

yep, except i returned the item in the same packaging that zzounds sent to my house. and they still charged a restocking fee. completely unethical and unacceptable.

pretty sad when you have to take pictures of an item before and during the unboxing.

15. paulgibson

paulgibson Senior Member

I used them 3 times several months ago with zero problems. Good service, fast shipping, and great guitars.

16. paulgibson

paulgibson Senior Member

If they're owned by GC, thank goodness there's no similarly because I can't stand that Walmart of a guitar center.

17. TrueBlueFlipLover

TrueBlueFlipLover Senior Member

My one experience of buying from them was terrible. I ordered a Taylor Guitar from them. It arrived with a messed up top so I sent it back and they sent me another one. The second one had fret problems and not only did they refuse to take it back, their customer service was extremely rude about it. It cost me over $100 to get fixed.

18. Trea

Trea Senior Member

They have no affiliation with GC. I've never bought a guitar there but have had no issues with other items I have purchased.

19. gonzald1

gonzald1 Junior Member

a few days I ordered several items from them when it came in yesterday one of the item is missing. so i called them and i was advised to wait until i receive a shipping confirmation email from them for the missing item. i have been ordering musical equipment from these guys for several years with no hitch, maybe it just one of those incident. we'll see.

20. michaelinokc

michaelinokc Senior Member

I just bought an SG from them. Got a good price, shipping was on time, and the order was double boxed. I was also able to take advantage of the 8 payment deal they were running. All in all, a good experience for me.

To the poster who switched to Sweetwater: I ordered from them once and received a defective product, for which they tried to charge me a restocking fee after I returned it. I love their online pics of guitars, but will have to tread lightly around them after my experience. :dunno: