ZZ Top and the PBT Creamsicle High-Gain Overdrive

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by CreamTone, Jul 14, 2013.

1. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Not long ago I had an opportunity to send one of our Creamsicle overdrive pedals to Elwood Francis, guitar tech to the Reverend Billy Gibbons. At first he said he'd he'd give it a shot in the "B monitor rig." Today he sent me this message. I'm quoting with his permission.

I am blown away. i took it out of the box plugged into my carr raleigh, switched it over to clean and pissed my pants. the harmonics are amazing. i didn't even touch a setting and it blew everything away. after i dialed it a bit it was even more freaking incredible. it doesn't have a bad sound unless you turn it off.
    honestly...i have NEVER liked an overdrive made for a clean amp. they just never have the balls. this not only has balls, it sounds like that hairy guy from the Village People's balls...and one of his friends..it has super balls. i really can't get over how great it sounds. i finally have an overdrive that works on a clean amp.
    i seriously love this one and it will never leave my foot. ever. i'm just blown away. i can now run a 2 amp system using my class A non master amps along side my old faithful JCM 800 Marshall.
    Lonnie.....i am forever grateful. i will tell everyone i know about this one. you guys have to make more. it's just too good a pedal to stop production in such a limited run.
    thanks just doesn't seem to be enough here. no matter how BIG I WRITE IT. THANKS>>>THANKS>>>THANKS>>>>THANKS.

Send an email to getthevibe@creamtone.com and get on the list for the next run. Current wait time is about 2 weeks. The Creamsicle is being offered at $155 shipped in the Continental US.

The original post with sound clips is here.
    http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/vendor-classifieds/244565-pbt-creamsicle-overdrive-creamtone.html

:dude:

2 people like this.
  2. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Thanks for the orders, everyone!

Elwood has informed me that the Creamsicle is definitely going on the road with ZZ Top for the upcoming second leg of their tour! Hopefully we'll get a few soundbites and clips!

1 person likes this.
  3. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Today, we set up the website to take orders for the pedal. Should be easier than having to message me and wait for an invoice. Cheers!

Creamsicle Pre-Order

4. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

We have 3 slots open for pedals in the current run. The website now points to our eBay store but you can PM or email getthevibe@creamtone.com to order your Creamsicle.

By far the most amazing overdrive for a clean amp. $155 shipped. Prepayment is required so please include your Paypal email with your request. Delivery will be in couple of weeks.

Cheers!
    Lonnie

5. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

is the $155 and introduction price or will it remain at that price?

6. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

We hope to keep it at that price for at least a year. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  7. AXE

AXE Six String Soldier V.I.P. Member

I don't go anywhere without mine.

1 person likes this.
  8. AXE

AXE Six String Soldier V.I.P. Member

:thumb:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. Dr.Distortion

Dr.Distortion V.I.P. Member

I sent you an email...

2 people like this.
  10. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Production is underway for this run. We appreciate your orders! We'll get your pedals on the way in about 2 weeks.

If any others would like a Creamsicle, let me know and we'll get you on the list for the next run. Delivery will begin in about 5 weeks for those.

11. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Bump! We're starting the next run! $155 shipped.

PM or email getthevibe@creamtone.com. Pedals will begin shipping in about two weeks.

Cheers!
    Lonnie

12. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

The next 5 are almost ready to ship! These are already sold. Those of you who have ordered and paid can get excited now! ;-)

If you'd like to get on the list, give me a shout. Still $155 shipped!

[​IMG]

13. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

We've been blessed. Dealers have been in touch about carrying the Creamsicle!

We're committed to only working with independent mom-and-pop stores. Not only because we really do believe in them (heck, I grew up in those stores and there's way too few of them left), but because we have no interest in compromising quality to keep up with the quantity demands of Guitar Center.

We've been selling these pedals on a really tight margin, and we're going to make room for our new friends. God bless 'em.

$155 shipped is still good if you order soon. But before long the Creamsicle will cost $229.

Cheers!
    Lonnie

14. Chef Greg

Chef Greg Senior Member

pm sent...

15. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

You're in, Chef!

16. rocknmatchless

rocknmatchless Member

Pm Sent as well !

1 person likes this.
  17. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Heads up! I have one Creamsicle available to ship next week. A buyer dropped out so I'll do it at the old price of $155 shipped. Last one at this price!

For those of you who paid up, your pedals are going out next week too!

Lick it up!

18. SeñorPoobah

SeñorPoobah Senior Member

Tempted...so so tempted.

19. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

20. CreamTone

CreamTone MLP Vendor

Here's a shot of 4 of the new boxes. Future owners, have some fun: save this photo and when you get your pedal next week, match it up! Sorry we didn't shoot the whole run. Tony got in a hurry. Haha.

[​IMG]