ZOOM R24: Im in Love!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Ruthie58, May 10, 2016.

1. Ruthie58

Ruthie58 Senior Member

Bought one of these to do LIVE recordings. Picked it up for 150 bucks (retails for about 500) and IM IN LOVE!

I use it as my soundboard for my band, recording at home, and bootlegging. This thing is so packed with features I wouldnt even know where to start, and honestly its super simple and easy to use.

built in stereo mics, effects, plugins, processors...its a seriously powerful machine and allows you to record your own gigs directly to an SD card...

oh...and did I mention you can use it on battery power if you want?!?

edit: it also features real time mastering and mixing, so you can remix your gigs or recordings as many times as you want, even after recording.

its so lightweight, and while its not really a PRO level board, I have made huge improvements in my bands sound by running this peice of gear (especialyl with the new DBX GOrack connected to the outputs in between the ZOOM R24 and our active PA speakers.

anyone share my love for this amazing studio-in-a-box?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-R24-Digital-Multitrack-Recorder/dp/B003VOBLDW"]Details on the zoom r24 if you're unfamiliar [/ame]

2. DavidRamey

DavidRamey Senior Member

I use this Tascam [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-DP-32SD-32-Track-Digital-Portastudio/dp/B00MIXF1AQ/ref=sr_1_20?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1462899163&sr=1-20&keywords=Tascam"]http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-DP-32SD-32-Track-Digital-Portastudio/dp/B00MIXF1AQ/ref=sr_1_20?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1462899163&sr=1-20&keywords=Tascam[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  3. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

I've got one of these Zoom r24, brilliant thing. I have two Tascam VLs5 monitors and two decent mics (a Shure Unidyne and a Rode 3) and it's great. I don't know anything about "Pro level" stuff, I think that's all about conditioning a room and using Neumann stuff at millions of bucks a pop and also knowing what you are doing (which I definitely don't). I don't really care - what's the point of all that when people are going to listen to stuff through ear buds or stupid little computer speakers? Who writes the "rules" anyway? I've recorded "properly" and I can remember watching some bloke twiddling a knob for ages and I couldn't hear any difference anyway. I'd go outside for a smoke, mostly. I'm thick, see?
    Zoom r 24 is just such fun and gives a great result so far as I can tell. I record stuff with the radio on and it's gabbling away throughout the track and that's one way to condition a room, I'd say. My motto is "Take no notice" so my stuff is lo fi, I'm afraid, but if I gave it some trouble, I could certainly record some decent stuff on what is a very basic, cheap table top studio, yet it's very powerful and multi functional. Genius design. Someone wanted to know about a decent interface and Zoom is that and a whole lot else for small money. Order it online and if you don't get on with it, send it back but I know lots of people are using them as interfaces in studio and stage situations. I appreciate the same things as Ruthie - it works in real time, no latency troubles, you can do a "real quick" or take time for a masterpiece and it's dead easy. Great results either way, no trace of digital hardness, fizz or tizz.

I'm considering adding a subwoofer, more for fun than anything else. In my set up, it's actually also a very good stereo.

"Gopher" - a small N American mammal.

When I've finished a bit of project (a few toons), I'll post them. I'll ask the forum to "Name this band" as an imaginary outfit that could be playing at a cinema near you. I'll start the ball rolling with "The Stinkers" and you can all have a go!

Ultimately, the buck has to stop with Gibson quality control; they'll sell a guitar to anyone and it's irresponsible. Just speak to my neighbours! But they are great, great guitars, no?

Yes, I too am in love with Zoom r24.

4. Ruthie58

Ruthie58 Senior Member

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::wave::wave: