Zoom MRS-8 Multi 8 Track Recorder.

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Last, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Last

Last The Cleaner Premium Member

Anyone using one?

Just got one off of eBay & wanted to play around with some recording & overlaying of tracks.

Anyone have a Zoom MRS-8?

[​IMG]

Do you like it? Any Tips/Tricks?

Many thanks!

2. barrydjuptight

barrydjuptight Senior Member

I got one and like it very much for what it is. Can produce very sterile digital sounding results but you're not gonna get better for the ££. The built in effects/amp sims etc are good enough for basic demos and the inbuilt mic is useful for getting ideas down on the fly. I'm a complete dunderhead when it comes to digital multitrackers and this machine is capable of a hell of a lot more than I get out of it...the manual is extensive and I think it helps if you understand some recording terminology beforehand; I don't lol
    But basically, yeah it's a good unit and I use it a lot for roughing out demos. Built in drum machine is very good indeed and if I had a chance of working out how to program it it would sound a lot better still. Oh and you may still (i bought mine 3-4 years ago) need to download the software off their site to transfer stuff to the computer (thats free)...very useful, I can have a rough demo done, pop the SD card in my laptop and have it playing in itunes very quickly indeed (on a PC, don't know about Mac).
    Good buy, I think you'll enjoy it.
    oh yeah and battery operation is a real bonus and they last for ages.

3. barrydjuptight

barrydjuptight Senior Member

just bumping to see how you're liking the zoom Last?