Your opinions on Awe-Some mods?

Discussion in 'Fender' started by mondomojo, Apr 29, 2013.

1. mondomojo

mondomojo Senior Member

OK, I may be late to this topic but a search turned up nothing so I just have to share this with my fellow MLPers and see what you think. I was searching online for some more info on the new Marauder Fender put out because it seems like an interesting axe with the triple pick up and all. In doing that search for reviews I ran across this website with a review of an odd mod for the marauder. The guy doing the demo for the product plays worse than I do and I've been at it just a few months. They seriously couldn't find a legit player to do their demo?! You can find that here:http://www.guitarsite.com/news/gear/add-76-pickup-tones-to-fender-modern-player-marauder/ :laugh2:

While that demo had me ROTFLMAO, it left me wondering what you all think of this mod and the other mods put out by this company. Here's a link to their stuff: AweSome-Guitars.com:   Official Site of High Performance Pickup Switch Upgrade(tm) products

To me it seems to be rather cheesy, with the volume all over the place when switching coils, etc [as to be expected I guess]. But being new to the guitar I thought I'd ask the experts here to confirm or refute my initial impression of the over-the-top cheese factor of their products. I value the opinions of the members of MLP, so I just wanted to see what you all think. Thanks.

2. mondomojo

mondomojo Senior Member

Sorry, I just realized here's a better place to post this. If I could move it I would. Gona post in the mods forum.

3. Ace1432

Ace1432 Senior Member

i wouldnt know what to do with so many tones LOL 35, 76, 94 and now 228?!?!

i mean, i could see a slightly younger version of myself indulging in their products, but idk, it seems a little overkill, no? :laugh2: plus, idk to me it seems like each tone setting is just a +/-5% deal, where each setting is either +5% or -5% different than the previous setting.