Your opinion on a 2001 Gibson LP 58 Custom Authentic

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by cheopsnet, May 31, 2009.

1. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

As far as can be told from photos, none of the guitars pictured are fakes. Like Skatterbrane says, serials get the gap filled in when they reach 999, just as they did in the 50s.

I have yet to find a historic model that sucks in general. All I have played have been somewhere between good and killer, and not model specific in that respect.

Any decent dealer can check the guitar over for you. Forunately fake historics are so far relatively easy to spot...

2. shtdaprdtr

shtdaprdtr Senior Member

Yamano's I believe are supposed to be premium guitars hand picked by the specific dealer in Japan, It may have been mainly for cosmetic reasons...tops etc.. as Japanese businessmen are fans of Les Pauls as you can see by the author of Beauty of the burst...which was actually a translated Japanese book. So they picked them for "burst resemblance". So, note to anyone selling their historics....try Ebay Japan, it might go for more and having one less here in the states may help the value of the rest of ours.

3. cheopsnet

cheopsnet Senior Member

What about the tonal quality of Yamano picked Historic guitars? I understand that the overall look is nicer, but are the Yamano picked guitars also superior instruments. From my research online, everybody seems to say that they are..What do you think?