Young Retired military seeks single sexxxy Les Paul, for fun, dating and romance.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jason_mazzy, May 3, 2009.

1. jason_mazzy

jason_mazzy V.I.P. Member

I see you opened this, even after reading my intro line which means U R brave LOL.

Any ways my name is Jason M. I am a retired US ARMY veteran I was injured in Afghanistan in '01/'02, retired in '05 and going through a divorce in '09 LOL. So I figured who needs a woman when you can have a sexxy piece of wood, with warm tones and a satin glove touch instead. (come on that was funny!!!!)

I have been a lurker for awhile, i would pop on and read random things every now and then trying to soak up some pearls of knowledge and the occaisional wisdom. One of the things that drew me here was the ebay/online section where u guys point out fakes. U see I am in the market for some new wood, and am not that knowledgable when it comes to LP's and gibsons for that matter. To be honest I am in love with guitars, but don't know enough about the collector side of em. and by collector side i mean the things that scream fake to you guys.

I have a fender toronado and a taylor solid body custom. Both great guitars. But I have always wanted a couple gibsons to round out my collection. I know I want a flying V faded, an SG (really just want the body I wanna build my own screamer with emg's) and a nice les paul. I figure with those 5 guitars there shouldnt be a thing I really couldn't play.

Anyway since I am depressed and single now, I have been trying to dedicate my fingers into playing the wood (not like that sickko's!!!) and getting into the playing because I enjoy it thing. I am not formally trained, my fingers have trouble reaching alot of chords, and my arms and wrists are always hurting lol( i have a bit of arthritis and such, too many pushups). But I wanna be as great as I can be even if I'm never better than just garage thrashing. So I would love all the advice, help, links, and wisdom you all have. and if anyone knows where I can learn scales and other things that will help me to play better and faster I would appreciate it!!! Good luck my friends.

Jason M.
    USA ARMY(RET)

2. spacebubby

spacebubby The MLP Princess

Welcome to MLP! :laugh2::D Sorry to hear about the speed bumps happening in your life...but hold in there, it'll get better. :)

3. Jason

Jason Senior Member

Welcome! Hey, I've been down in the dumps plenty in my life too.. you'll pull out of it. Sounds like that sense of humor will help.

I was pretty depressed when I got out of the military too... didn't see any of my friends anymore, my girlfriend didn't like me anymore, etc etc. A good Les Paul just might do the trick. :thumb:

4. Silverbursted

Silverbursted Senior Member

Welcome aboard Jason. Glad to have another Army dude around. This is a great place to learn and have fun. You can't go wrong with a Les Paul, always ready and willing when you want, they won't go out and hang with other guitars behind your back, they don't ask for much, just a means to be heard (amp) and damn they are sexy particularly when they strip down to bare wood.
    All kidding aside, you can get nice LPs and varying price ranges. Everything from just under $1,000 to well into the $4 or 5 grand range. The Studio is an entry level Les Paul that is good, but not much on the bling. The most popular are probably the Traditional and Standard range. These run around $2,000 ish, and are really great guitars. Going up from there are the Custom and Reissue range. Customs are just amazing instruments that come with ebony fret boards and gold hardware (most of them anyway). The Reissues are arguably the best of the best. You will hear terms like R4, R6, R7, R8, and R9. These are forum terms, and are not official designations by Gibson. These mean 54, 56, 57, 58 and 59 Reissues. The 59 is considered the "Holy Grail".
    Best thing to do is hit your local Gibson dealer, and play play play.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need more help.

5. Loko

Loko Senior Member

Welcome to MLP!

6. Sky

Sky Senior Member

Welcome to MLP!

7. Jason

Jason Senior Member

Actually I consider the 1956 to be the Holy Grail. :thumb:

8. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

Welcome to the darn best LP Forum on the Net!

9. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

First off, thank you for your service to our country, sir.

Second off, would this work for your Les Paul need?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jason_mazzy

Looks great. from 2 second view, gonna have to ask the crew here if its fake tho!!! LOL what would you take from a disabled combat veteran on a check from uncle Sam who just got taken through the ringer in a divorce?

11. Silverbursted

Silverbursted Senior Member

Sweet guitar Greg, that would be a great first LP.

12. stryker59

stryker59 Senior Member

welcome!!

13. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

717.730.9775 Call me, we'll talk.

14. InfiniteeZ

InfiniteeZ Senior Member

Welcome aboard Jason, hope you like it here man! I salute you sir.

Also, I highly recommend getting that guitar from Greg! I'm sure he'll hook a new brother up :)

15. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Oh no, another grunt...LOL...retired Air Force E-8 here. :D

Welcome, my friend, to the best Les Paul forum in the world!

Be sure and call Greg up and make him give you that axe. ;)

See you around, and thanks for all you gave for our country.

BB

16. jason_mazzy

well i gave some blood, a hip, and a couple small pieces of flesh, Uncle Sam gave me a few scars, a check, and a divorce. WHOOOOOOHOOOOO lol.

17. AmazingJourney

AmazingJourney Senior Member

18. ojedad23

ojedad23 the oj guy Premium Member

welcome to mlp

19. jason_mazzy

Thanx to you all. now where are the other 2000 members to welcome me???? LOL

20. jason_mazzy

HEY teresa ben here for a few days and has 2 pages. I want some more welcomes!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me start posting gratuitous pictures of myself on here!