You know whats great about Kemper?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by matthew bear, Mar 3, 2017.

1. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

The stomps :eek2:

I have been noodling on a patch I set up for jazz stuff, which is a high power BF clean sound (The actual amp is a mystery to me) and I decided it would be fun to check out the dirt pedals in the Kemper. I was looking for a light boost/warm elevator type lead tone, the "clean" dirt if you will. While I found that sound in a tube screamer, I was so impressed with the fuzzes! man they kick ass, and I am a fuzz junkie... There's big muff, Fuzz face, and another in bright, full, soft, and "old" and they are excellent :thumb:

So, check them out! Watch the volume on the pedals though, they are set kinda like you would in real life (cranked volume, low gain for instance) and will clip your output on the kemper... which I suspect is why some people don't like Kemper pedal sounds. Also note the mix knob, you can mix in the un affected tone, thus cleaning up a muddy sound (you can also do this with amps, via the direct mix knob).

I also love the harmonizer and octave stuff... they track flawlessly!

If you haven't explored the pedals much, I cannot recommend enough that you do so, and make some new sounds! :wave:

2. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

And another thing... the floorboard from kemper is fantastic! just got it and it makes the unit soo much nicer to navigate and such. I'm thrilled ATM :)

3. Progear

Progear Premium Member

+1