yo!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 98supra, Feb 28, 2008.

1. 98supra

98supra Senior Member

hey my name is edgar.
    ive been playing for about 2 years now.allthough 1st year was a guitar class at my high school,but it was very slow paced and i could have progressed quicker on my own.But i dont really regret it as even though it was slow paced im not sure if i would have started playing guitar on my own even yet as much as i wanted to pick it up and play it everyday i just didnt(wether it be vid games computer ect) but im sure glad i did!
    ever since i was little i felt something when i heard guitar licks,the notes would go deep into to me and i could feel it as if i was the guy playing it.theres just something about it that gets to me.
    something important i look for in music is how well the musicians are expressing themselfs and playing with there soul as i feel thats the most important thing.theres to many shredders now adays with no feeling in there playing.i respect there physical abilities as they surpass mine right now but with just a lil feeling and soul behind the notes it could be so much more.
    but of course as im learning its very hard to truelly express oneself threw the guitar or anything else,its a never ending journey on finding oneself.sorry if this is way out there,one of my biggest idols in life is bruce lee and i really relate and believe to alot of his philosophies.

i like all types of music for the most part,jazz,blues,rock, punk rock, metal ect
    i take music song by song and not really band my band,ill admit my knowledge in bands musicians ect is quite low,peaple can name of loads of band names and ill only recognize a few.now if you play the song ill probably recognize though.
    some of my favorite guitarist right now is carlos santana,jimi hendrix,and steve vai.im still exploring many more.as for bands
    these 3 guys arnt only physically good,but they put alot of feeling into there playing,just look at steve vais face when he plays tender surrender lol.

also i wanna start learning alot more songs to keep on progressing as right now im getting repetative,and end up just messing around making lil rifs and do a lil soloing which isnt bad but like i said my playing is getting repetative and i want more options. so if you have any good songs you wanna recommend to help me keep on progressing please feel free to shout them out.

but yeah just though id introduce myself, I hope to come on regularly and learn from you guys and return the favor if i can.

2. Doctor Dread

Doctor Dread Senior Member

Wise words, young apprentice. Sounds like the Shaolin Temple monks sent you on a journey to find the lost Delta Temple brothers. Well, your journey has come to an end.

Many a wise man approve your views so humbly stated above. You will be a great master some day.

Welcome, Edgar :applause:

3. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

welcome!!!i love bruce lee too!!!

4. Lyrica

Lyrica Songwriting Machine V.I.P. Member

welcome edgar :wave:

5. loneguitar

loneguitar Senior Member

Welcome aboard edgar, your journey already begun, there are many things to be seen and we all will help you on your way.

6. Rico

Rico Senior Member

One of the most important things you have to learn is to listen not only to guitar players, but players of other instruments as well. Also, that just when you think you know all there is about guitar playing, someone, somewhere, will do something that will blow you away. It's never ending and that's the fun part. Welcome.

7. tralf

tralf Senior Member

Howdy and welcome!
    Keep on playing!
    Cheers- Tralf

8. 808

808 Senior Member

Welcome to the fold!!!

I highly recommend some Reverend Willie G.! ( Billy Gibbons ):jam:

9. Docsab

Docsab Member

Welcome Edgar,

Wise and thoughtful words. Playing guitar will give back to you much more than you put into it over the rest of your life. That's much more than can be said about any video game. You are exploring some of the Guitar Gods but for something a little different, you may want to listen to some early blues- the roots of rock. Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, BB King, Albert Collins just to name a few.
    Have fun, come back often, follow your heart!!

10. mojofilter

mojofilter Senior Member

hey now ! how goes it ? beg,borrow,and steal as much as you can.
    how about learning some funk? THE METERS,DR.JOHN,NEVILLE BROTHERS,FATS DOMINO LARRY WILLIAMS,etc
    anything from NEW ORLEANS.
    It is where the blues were born ,do some research you will be amazed of the different styles that came out of that city.

11. 98supra

98supra Senior Member

hey,
    thanks for the kind welcome :)
    ill definetly check that stuff out.

12. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

:wave: welcome~

13. Mikeeeeh

Mikeeeeh Senior Member

Welcome to MLP! Enjoy! :wave:

14. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

15. Case24

Case24 Senior Member

Welcome! It's so refreshing to hear someone young who wants to play a guitar and is really into music for it's soul! I hope you find what you're looking for.

16. guitarstan

guitarstan Senior Member

Welcome Grass Hopper :wave:. This be a cool place to get wise :thumb:

17. notoperational

notoperational MLP Sponsor

Dude, do you actually have a 98' Supra? That is bad ass if you do!

18. ZoomZilla

ZoomZilla V.I.P. Member

Welcome!!!! It's a fun place we have here! Feel free to ask any questions, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people, right Bobbo?

19. 98supra

98supra Senior Member

na i wish,its gonna be a while till i can afford a supra

20. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

:wave: Edgar~

Welcome here~ :applause: