Yet another Faber variation, the HYBRIDge.

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by Dougie, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Dougie

Dougie Senior Member

Ok I saw this and couldn't resist since I had such good results from their ABRL locking tune-o-matic bridge and the iNsert steel post kit on my 2006 Explorer.

From Faber:

The bridge came in the mail and the first thing you notice about it is the ultra precision fit of the parts, and the gray looking titanium saddles are tiny little works of art in metal. Installing the iNsert kit was a breeze, it actually pressed into the Nashville holes with thumbnail pressure. I thought hmmmm.. Don't know if I like that or not, but.. The results were as expected, and even though I didn't have to hammer the posts in, I got the same basic tonal improvement that the other 2 iNsert kits did on two other guitars. Phenomenal. Thicker bass, louder, warmer highs, lots of harmonic content, very dynamic change overall.

The claim they make about the titanium saddles seems to go with what my ears are hearing out of the wound strings, the volume is about the same as the non-titanium locking bridge, but there is a noticeable hollow clarity that's pretty cool, string to string balance is improved, and single note runs on the bass strings are super clean and defined. I'd say they have another winner, but the price is about double what their ABRL tune-o-matic sells for.

The bridge came with pre-notched saddles, and like the other two Faber locking tune-o-matics I use, I had to take the "C" clips off and turn some of the saddles around, this can be pretty iffy, as them little clips like to fly to destinations never before visited within your house.. Pain in the BUTT, and you need real good magnification and real good light to do this..

No, I don't work for Faber, nor do I have an endorsement with them, I just like their stuff a lot, the proof is in the hands and ears of the user, the quality is second to none and the products speak for themselves. I just come in here and share what I have found on my own guitars.

HYBRIDge in aged gold on a 2000 Flying V:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shawn Lutz

Shawn Lutz Senior Member

cool. Faber is good stuff. I did the ABRL w/raw brass saddles, NWSkit and Tone Lock TP studs on my traditional plus. I also noticed a good improvement in tone, sustain, clarity and note definition. I even noticed an improvement playing unplugged.

3. Dougie

Dougie Senior Member

Oh yeah that's the first place you notice it! Right off the bench you can both feel and hear the difference before you ever plug it in.