Yep, Kemper babeee!

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by TheX, Feb 8, 2017.

1. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ96hClp9JM[/ame]

jenton70 and Mr Insane like this.
  2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I HATE that Moniker 'fake' amp. They are both real amps. One is just conventional or classic, the other is non conventional or modern.

The high end sparkle missing, he spoke of, I can tell from experience can be lost on the profiling process. All comes down to the refining process, which entails playing, and hitting that sparkle, and let the KPA refine it. Then, and in his case, it would be a very minor, tweak after if needed. I have a better Tone King Imperial profile at home, that he would never tell the difference between.

Also notice, he never mention any problems with feeling different, responding different.

3. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

His review was very positive, he said that it needed to be refined.

4. ricky1918

ricky1918 Senior Member

Did you buy it or have found it in the rig exchange?

5. cybermgk

I believe I bought the Road King profile, but would have to dbl check when I get home.

6. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Did he pump the Kemper through the Tone King????

7. ricky1918

ricky1918 Senior Member

cybermgk, I bought the TAF tone king profiles, they are awesome!! might be my favourite clean so far. Thanks to TheX that posted the video, I wouldn't know the TK Imperial otherwise!!

8. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Exactly. Unless there is a device that produces FAKE standing waves that hit your ear drums.. They are all REAL amps.

9. cybermgk

No. If you haven't used a Kemper to profile, what he said could easily lead you to believe that. I had to think twice about it at first :)

When you profile an amp, you run guitar to front input of kemper. you send an out to the amp to be profiled. That out is just a passthru to the amp, when not sending the profile signal. Then you mic the amp, and that comes back to a return (not the fx return, but an aux in, that is also used by the profiling process). So, when setup, and you play, signal goes straight through kemper untouched to amp. Hit profile, and it sends its signals. This is how after that is done, you can compare the profile captured, via the KPA, and the mic'ed amp at the same time (via the Kemper by hitting 2 buttons, amp and profile.

SO, when he did the vid, so that BOTH were recorded with the same playing (thus more apples to apples). He ran guitar to KPA, KPA passthru to Toneking. Mic to daw from Tone king, and KPA out with TK profile to DAW. That was my interpretation.

He ALSO could have left the profiling setup above, run the KPA output to DAW. Then, if someone switched between profile, and the mic'ed amp signal (see above), while he played, you would get both signals recorded. Lots of folks do that for comparison clips on the Kemper board.

10. cybermgk

One of my favorite clean tones as well. Works well with some of the classic drive pedals as well. I like it at edge of breakup as well. You can get there with a Tweaked Double Reverb or Deluxe Reverb as well. But, why :). Just get a TK profile as you did.

I wasn't feeling well last night, tired, went to bed early after Son's drum lessons and dinner. So, still haven't checked where I got mine from (May have been TAF).

11. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

That's a great sound!

12. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Ya know. I love all you guys. I really do... Even the ones I don't love :hmm:... But I have to tell you. I'm tired of you guys describing a preset as "sounding good" How bout posting recordings so guys can actually hear the preset. What are all you dudes afraid to post your music. Stop that sissy Mary crap and post some clips.:fingersx::lol:

13. ricky1918

ricky1918 Senior Member

hehehe here it is then

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/acidexperiment/kemper-taf-tone-king-imperial[/SC]

Sorry for the lack of skills of the player :naughty:

Mainly originals, second riff is from a local band.

Profiles are just how they come from TAF, just played them

14. ricky1918

ricky1918 Senior Member

also: guitar is not in tune at the end. I have to make sure if it is my playing, the octaves that are not set properly or the tuners, since it's a Squier CV50 I expected there would be something that had to be upgraded

15. frankv

Now there ya go. That wasn't hard right Ricky. Bravo brother. Credit to you.... Sounded great.

16. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

I've got a Tone King Imperial sitting in an extra bedroom that hasn't been touched since I got into modeling. :laugh2: