Xotic BB Preamp pedal

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Shawn Fate, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

2. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

yep....got the trio,had'em since they came out.I really wanna try out the BB Plus:naughty:[​IMG]

3. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

Nice !!
    The RC looks interesting to me as well.
    Which one do you find yourself using the most ?
    I heard the BB covers most of what the AC and RC does, Is this true ?

4. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I think if you like the Xotic you'll love a Klon or a COT50 or do what I do use both !! [​IMG] The Klon does the boost to OD thing without color and the COT50 adds a Plexi vibe and grit ! You wont want to turn it off EVER !!

5. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

welll not to my ears....the BB sounds like a cranked BluesB,amp.....the AC has IMHO that dimed tweed sound really good and the RC I use to add thickness and a little extra dirt.I have been through alot of boost pedals,but,the RC suits my tone needs.To answer your question:I use'em all about the same,really handy buggers when VOLUME is an ISSUE at gigs.I had the COT-50 for my strat,sold the strat,kept the pedal.....gotta get another one for the Jimi stuff,I really dont like the COT for LPs,sounds too over the top,BUT, for lower volume pretty stuff,it sounds great!!

6. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

If you use the COT50 with a LP , I find that with it set about 9 o'clock to 11 o'clock it gives a great Plexi vibe at about 9 it gives a great Billy Gibbons sound ! If you go way up with the bias it gets a litle fuzzy but that can be useful for certain things too !!

7. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

ya thats true bro,Iknow this is gonna sound goofy,but,I really dig the sound of the COT when the battery is just about dead:shock:
    brother I love that bugger when we do "OLD BLUE JEANS",really nails that Billy G. tone.....and its all done from the guitars volume!!

8. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I think the COT50 shines when the Bias control is below the halfway point ! You get more of the guitars natural nuances !! But with the bias high you can get some of the fuzzier 70's sounds !! Play .. Funk 49 with your LP , Your COT up high and a bit of delay and it's like you just crawled out of the James Gang album !!!

9. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

dude....you were right!!!:applause::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

There are no bad sounds !! Just sounds not applied the right way !! You could have a screaching feedback going on but as an underlying texture in a song it may rock ! Some people say the COT50 gets kinda fuzzy up high so I figured hey it's a Plexi - Fuzz !:slash:

11. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

haha...right on brother.I had that little bugger in a corner waitin' on the strat,never thought to turn it down for the LPs:eek2::rofl::rofl:

12. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

13. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I have the red ! I've never played a blue but heard they have less gain and I dont think I'd like less gain ! Lovepedal also makes a COT50 gold with more gain than a red and then the COT50 on steroids is called the Purple Plexi ! adds a master volume on the pedal as well as a tone control ! A regular cot only has one knob for bias setting !

14. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

15. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

Sheesh!!! Sean has all kinds of new goodies,gotta call him:shock::naughty::shock: