XiTone Releases an Open Back FRFR

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Oct 1, 2016.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I got an email from Mick at Xitone this week telling me that he now has an Open Back FRFR cabinet. Sounds and looks pretty cool. I think I might take him up on getting one. An open back might be just what the doctor ordered in some situations. Perhaps I might "blend" one with my current CLR

Photos to follow.

Shai`tan likes this.
  2. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Nice let us know!

3. dspelman

dspelman Senior Member

Open back cabs in general are good for a seated guitarist. They sound great. I've not found them really useful in any other situation.

Hey, Franky, does your CLR have an adapter for putting it up on a stand? Have you tried it that way? I've been mostly using one of my fEARless F115s as a wedge where I practice, and it's great for that. But I got some complaining at a rehearsal that they couldn't hear me on the other side of the stage, so I tossed it up on a stand and pointed it at them, and it was a holy**** moment for them. I hadn't been feeding it much juice, so I turned it up a bit (it'll handle 800-900W RMS) and lit them up. I think the CLR on a stand will have the same effect.

4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yeah man. The CLRs do have a pole opening. My XITONE s did not

5. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

My F115 goes behind me, vertical, on the floor, but angled in a little so the rest of the band can hear it. Same effect. :) Not sure the bass player had ever heard what I was really playing in the past. FRFR with a decent spread is an amazing thing - I even get to hear myself a little better!

Liam

6. Its Luke

Its Luke Premium Member

Frank you put me in touch with Mick last week, thanks again for that.

Mick really seems like a great guy and builds a quality product.

He shared the same with me and sent me a few pics. I am not sure if he wants me to

share those or not so I will just wait for you to post yours.

Cheers!

7. frankv

Are you having him build you something?

8. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

I found the same thing. Except when being used as a personal monitor, an FRFR needs to be vertical and on a short stand. Makes all the difference in the world.

9. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Senior Member

Your old XiTone wedges, Frank, are vertical and about three feet off the ground, one on either side of where I stand and sit, about five or six feet apart. Seem to work okay so far. I'll eventually try to find some stands for playing out.

10. frankv

You can also get a right angle speaker jack and then stack them.

11. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Senior Member

:thumb:

I like the spatiality of being between them. Maybe symmetry is part of my OCD..

12. frankv

Yeah man. Beautiful stereo is addictive. :thumb: