XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

I contacted Mick last night to Invoice me at PayPal. He hasn`t sent me an invoice as of yet.

2. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

I hear ya! I see your point! It may be that we get ours and tell everybody how great they are and it turns into a slow burn. Mick might not blow up on mlp this month, but I could totally see him getting a big name on this site as more and more people get the point. Brand development takes seeding and watering. I'm sure Mick understands this and is glad that he's getting another foothold in a popular forum.

If I had to take a guess, I'd predict that 5-6 of us order the cabs and that he sells 6-8 more to mlp members through the year.:hmm:

If he's doing his job and building bridges with other forums and general folk, our contribution will still play a valuable role in the aggregate building of his brand.

I agree with jdto's observations too about the money and sudden availability of this deal. Lots of us have families and stuff so we have to proceed slowly with purchases. For me, if I had family obligations, I'd just pay the extra money for a full price unit when the timing is better.

For me, I'm on the fence about the 1X12 which is perfect for my studio and the 2X12 in case my band gives me the OK to use a modeler. They're sort of resistant to the idea as of late!:laugh2:

I think every post about his products equate another win for the brand.

You should suggest to Mick that he does a RUSH ORDER on yours so you can show it off a bit before the deadline. I'll bet that would make sense to him.

I dunno...:hmm:...just a bunch of conjecture on my part.:)

3. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

Another angle to look at is this: In the last two weeks there hasn't been squat mentioned about anything BUT the Xitone on here. THAT'S a win for Mick right there IMO.

If my business suddenly got all of the talk of the town but I didn't see an immediate sales bump, I wouldn't panic. Marketing is about saturation not spritz.

4. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

And... Is Mick a member? Whats his handle?

5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I don't believe he is. No.

Publicity is always a great thing. I am sure Mick loves that we are talking XiTone. He is 25 cabs back ordered now from multiple websites talking XiTone.

6. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

Me too. I've only heard my kemper through the effects loop of my Blackstar with cab emulation defeated.

7. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

There is no way that can be valid. The whole point of FRFR and IR's is that you can get that cab and all others. Anyone claiming that has NOT done their homework.

8. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

I agree with TheX. Maybe they are missing the trouser flap of a 4X12? Tone does not necessarily mean you have to be pushing tons of air.

9. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Hey.. I got news for you. You want to push air. Both my CLR and XiTone cabs of the past did that as well or better then a 4 12

10. joba

joba Premium Member

I would be in for sure. I would have to sell the Yamaha unit I have now and take a loss. Just doesn't seem to enough of a discount to justify the hassle . $938 list.
    $824. discounted. Especially having to sell fifteen units approx...$ 13,000 sale.

11. frankv

The benefit comes from the powder coating and semi custom grill etching for free. If that doesn't interest you then this might not be for you. Taking the discount for those services instead really isn't best option.

12. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

I'll be ordering mine this week. Thanks for putting this together. :thumb:

13. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

My Funds are ready. Just waiting to be paypal invoiced. ;p

14. frankv

I'll contact Mick about the PayPal invoice

15. XiToneCabs

XiToneCabs Junior Member

Hi all!

First off, Thank You FrankV for setting this all up. Much appreciated for sure.

I read through the thread and Frank has pretty much answered all the questions I think but I'll add some context.

It will likely sound a little different but it will also FEEL different. The Yamaha was not designed specifically for guitar work but more as a vocal wedge or an all around PA wedge. Mine are designed from the beginning for modeling guitarists.

For mono passive 2x12's I can wire them one of two ways, 4 ohm or 16ohm. The Kemper Powerhead does not support a 4ohm load so I wire the 2x12 for 16ohms in this case.

I am now. :) My handle is XiToneCabs. :applause:

If y'all have any more questions either post here or shoot me an email at xitonecabs_at_gmail.com and we'll do our best to answer them.

Thanks,

Mick
    XiTone Cabs

16. frankv

^^^^ Welcome to MLP Mick. I am glad you joined in. This will make it really easy on me as I get PM all the time about this Group buy.

17. frankv

I wanted to put another post Mick made about his cabs here in this thread. It has great info in it.

18. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

WELCOME MICK!!!!!!

I've been in contact with you and appreciate your blazing fast customer service, answering my questions right away. Great to have you aboard!:wave:

Kevin Masters

19. XiToneCabs

XiToneCabs Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome! I actually already had an account here but I only used it once... I wanna say I created it and had the post before this sub-forum existed so I didn't use it again... one of them out of site out of mind deals.

20. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Paid!!!! It will be mine... oh yes.... it will be mine. ;p