XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

I can`t wait to go through all the Kemper amp/cab profiles..... and then the profiles from MBritt, TopJimi , TAF etc etc etc..... using the Active Xitone Wedge.

2. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

I'm working on the financials for this. Times are a bit lean at the moment, especially when our dollar is only worth $0.74 US.

3. bungle

bungle Senior Member

Talked with Mick. Got a shipping quote and it seems doable but does anyone have any experience getting something that big shipped north of the border. Will I be hit with duty and taxes/ fees?? Like jdto says our dollar sucks at the moment.

4. jdto

There shouldn't be any duties, as NAFTA is still in effect for the time being. These should qualify as Made in the USA, I believe. As for taxes and fees, it depends on the shipper. USPS/Canada Post would likely have minimal fees and they may or may not charge you HST/GST depending on seemingly random luck (I've had stuff get nailed and other stuff with no charges and I never quite figured out how that was decided).

If you don't mind, what was the shipping cost to Canada?

5. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

"especially when our dollar is only worth $0.74 US"

I FEEL your pain man! The exchange rate just kills us up here. I just squeaked by with gathering my funds for my Kemper..... by selling most of my tube gear. Wasn`t expecting to order my Xitone till summer, but Franks Group Buy came up. Couldn`t resist. ;p

6. bungle

bungle Senior Member

$90 Fedex to West Coast but with group discount that will bring it down to $51, with free powder coating.:dunno: Like i said seems doable just don't want too many extra costs.

7. jdto

Yeah, it's brutal. Just a few short years ago we were at par or better and now this.

That's not too bad. FedEx usually will charge a brokerage fee, as well as any taxes required.

Once I was charged a ridiculously large brokerage fee for the value of the item I had purchased, so I called them up and yelled at them. The woman advised me to open a FedEx account. You then ask the shipper to put your account number in the form for payment of duties/fees (NOT IN THE PAY FOR SHIPPING SPOT--ONLY THE "BILL CUSTOMS TO" SPOT). This way, they don't charge you the processing fee because taxes/duty are automatically charged to the card on the account.

8. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

it's not really as big as you think. I routinely ship stuff like that all over

9. bungle

bungle Senior Member

lol at the new like button, got me..:shock:

10. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Im glad you guys are starting to make it happen. Believe me, you are going to love what you hear.

11. jdto

:laugh2:

12. Dineley

Dineley Senior Member

Im very tempted, my only concern is guys who play my genres i have heard in interviews saying a regular guitar cab helps them hit their tone wheras the FRFR stuff leaves a bit to be desired. That and the exchange rate beimg turrible. Anyways ill see what i can swing and try to jump into the future.

13. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

Bump it, dump it, shoot it to the top; sell that 4X12 and get ready to rock.

14. frankv

I spoke to Mick today. So far I'm sad to say. Zero orders other then mine in house. I had pretty high hope for this group.

15. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

I already talked to Mick. My order goes in on Friday this next week.

16. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

I don't know if we will get to 15... I'm still in but I need to move some gear. I can wait a few more weeks for delivery. Lord knows I've made impulse purchases before! This time, and since I have another month, I'm going to do it at a pace that suits my budget.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED FRANK~

This is a killer offer and even if only a few of us get them, then we were the people who were supposed to have them.

Even if we can help one poor sap reach nirvana, we've done our job!:cool:

17. jdto

I am in. I got the finances sorted last night. I'll email Mick later today when I have a chance to make my final choices on what to get. I'll probably go with a standard active 112. That should more than meet my needs for the foreseeable future.

Frank: it's a good chunk of cash, so don't be surprised if it takes some of us some time to get organized. It's only been a week and the 15th of March is coming up. Also, those of us who get our taxes done early may be waiting for that to come in. We still have a month to go.

18. frankv

Oh no brother. I'm not discouraged. Not at all. Its just I kinda talked this place up when talking to Mick that I wanted it to perform. What every happens happens. Thats all.

19. frankv

See post 78. :thumb:

20. Tiboy

Tiboy Senior Member

Frank, please don't get discouraged. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm a near professional procrastinator. I haven't yet decide on which one. I have a couple of amps on the market which will impact my decision i.e. available funds.