XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I disagree completely. Knowing you, you would love the tone you get and you would then use those excellent Adams for what they are. Near field mixing montors:thumb:

The XiTone will make you think you are playing out of a 4 12 except for one thing.. You are playing at low volume.

2. Tiboy

Tiboy Senior Member

Thank you.

3. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

You are very welcomed by friend. I hope you help us get to 15 orders. :thumb:

4. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Ok.... I`m in for the Active Xitone 1X12 Wedge! All Black! ;p

5. frankv

Very good. WHO'S NEXT?

6. frankv

This is what we have so far....

Add your name to this list so we can see how far we are from the magic 15 needed for the additional 5% off.

FRANKV
    KMASTERS68
    TIBOY
    FALCONBILL
    SHAI'TAN

For those that are ready before the deadline of April 15th... Contact Mick and make your payment so you are on the build list. First pay first shipped. I paid last week...:thumb:

7. frankv

What I can't wait for is hearing all you dudes talling the forum just how incredible the Xitone cab sounds. those are gonna be great times here in our little universe.

Hopefully there won't be too many guys saying "I should have got in that group buy. Damn"

8. frankv

So I have been getting PMs asking which model (active or passive) they should get. Let me try and answer that for those that haven't asked yet.

PASSIVE

1) requires a power amp.
    2) less costly
    3) lighter
    4) used with any modeler that has a built in amp.
    5) Some consider passive to be a benefit because it allows the power amp to be used with other cabinets.

ACTIVE

1) self contained unit. Less to setup up and carry.
    2) heavier
    3) said to have a better active crossover
    4) XiTone has a Matrix Dual Mono Bloc amp for biamping allowing different modes of operation.
    5) costs more.
    6) can be used with powered or non-powered moderers

9. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Slight correction

Modeler does not have to have a built-in amp. but, if it doesn't you will need a stand-alone amp.

10. frankv

Thx.. :thumb:

11. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Another happy Xitone customer here, if I didn't have two already I would be all over this. Mick is a great guy and builds a killer cab no matter what size you get, made to last too.

You need to buy!!!

12. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

It really is that simple.

13. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

Thanks Frank!

14. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

For those on the fence

IF I didn't already have a custom Xitone 2x12 passive, Atomic CLR 1x12 passive and a Matrix gt1000fx amp, I would be ALL over this deal. I also guarantee, at the price your getting it at, you can sell used (though why I don't know) for at LEAST 70% (if fast sale) to just about what you paid.

If you don't have your FRFR rig fleshed out already, this IS a no brainer.

15. frankv

Thanks Tim. While we do have lots in emails going to Mick, I am quite surprised this hasn't taken off faster then it has.

You see guys asking all the time "what speaker, what FRFR', over and over. Well here it is. And to be quite honest at a price less then a quality set of monitors..

I say it all the time. Buy once and be done with it.

16. frankv

Every day that you guys delay sending payment to Mick is yet more cabs he is building ahead of yours... I think he is up to 25 cabs in que from other sources

17. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Sure would be nice to see more names on the List!!!! ;p

18. frankv

I have done and said all I can and will, I bring the deal. Its all I can do, The rest is up to the members.

19. kmasters68

kmasters68 Senior Member

For sure you've done your share of heavy lifting! I'm still in, just need to lick a few financial wounds this week then I pull the trigger.

And for other people on the fence. Its not necessary to get Franks build. I myself, and going to just order the black standard version with the $75 off.

We still have a month of the offer, so I think we can get where we need to be.

20. Tiboy

Tiboy Senior Member

I'm pretty much there on doing a buy. I'm on the fence as to the choice: 212 P wired in series for utilizing the two speakers in mono with the Powerhead; basic 112 cab or the 112 wedge with a pole mount insert.

Right now I'm playing the PH with the cab sims off through a Marshall 412. I very much like what I hear. Of course most of my profiles are Marshall. The downside is the 412 requires a fair amount of volume to sound good.

The 112 or 212 likely involves moving the Marshall head and cab to the storage room. I'm not sure I'm ready to be entirely tube free yet.

The wedge on a pole mount works space wise as I can keep the Marshall set up as is. I get the sense from reading that the wedge has less of an amp/cab in the room feel.