XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. saks

saks Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I'll give it some more time. He's proven trustworthy and he can't get any work done if he's answering the phone

Edit: @frankv And I have these Fostex 8" 3 ways to play through while I'm waiting ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    jdto, frankv and AmpedUp like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Those Fostexs are great monitors.. For sure.

saks likes this.
  3. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

I'm thinking like saks in that I've worked in the service industry for most of my life and truly realize that nothing gets done these days with internet forums pinging him, emails, texts, and phones ringing. I'm kind of letting things run their course till a couple of months passes anyway.

He must work at night to get anything done!!! Ha!

saks likes this.
  4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Alright then.. I'll call him.

5. saks

I would say not necessary on my behalf. I'm not stressing at all.
    If I was I would be calling myself. But that was 9 hours ago...

It is nice to come on here and share the anticipation with @AmpedUp though :)

AmpedUp and jdto like this.
  6. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

I'm with you saks. No problems yet. I have budget studio monitors and some PA speakers I can play through and other amps as well.

Although I sincerely do appreciate all the help frankv has been towards me personally in our short passings in life here on MLP, and I truly am anxious, but, I'm still not at the point where I'm feeling like Mic's forgotten about us yet. I realize that if he's doing them in the order in which they came in that I'm in line after you sometime and I'll know to be getting even more anxious when you mention that yours made it or is on the way.

He could be waiting on silver handle screws!;) Or, amp modules again, or crossovers, or switch panels, or speakers, or maybe the guy that sprays the cabinets is waiting on chemicals or his family had a minor crisis or something. It's a labor intensive market he's in as well as "waiting on parts or tooling" situations showing up. Way many people in not just his, but also other business' involved in completing his task to build even just one cabinet. Been there for sure. All benefit of the doubt and trust is given from me towards Mic's nature so far, and his nature is traceable through internet posts in other sites besides this one as well.

When the parts wait was on in my previous job, we'd say , sorry customer, but we don't fly the plane and we don't drive the bus. But we did offer next day air at an additional cost in advance as an alternative solution to the wait we knew was coming!

And thanks frankv. As always, you've always gone above and beyond for the folks here.

caljoe, frankv and saks like this.
  7. saks

absolutely, without frank I would have been totally lost. I got my Fostex studio monitors from him at a great price. Since I'm new to all this it's been good to have someone like him around to 'hold my hand and guide me through it'
    I apologize if my reply was taken any other way.

caljoe, frankv and AmpedUp like this.
  8. frankv

Well thanks guys... but really, it's no a problem. I can remember all the help I got... and get..... in forums like this so for me it's really just about giving back a little.

Regarding XiTone. I kind of have more skin in the game because I feel that because of all the talking I have done here about Xitone I got a few guys to buy in.. And for that I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed as I would take that to heart.

AmpedUp, jdto and saks like this.
  9. saks

Let's see:
    1. One of the best ( if not the best ) reviewed FRFR cabinets in the world.
    2. Hand made to order
    3. At a price that must be a very small profit margin
    4. Recommended by someone who cares, built by someone who cares.
    5. No brainer...

I'm just glad I was able to get a pair ordered while the price was still within my reach ;)

frankv, AmpedUp and jdto like this.
  10. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

XiTone cabs are worth the wait. I am very pleased with mine.

frankv, AmpedUp and saks like this.
  11. patrick2099

patrick2099 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that Mick is waiting on amps to arrive in mid-late October. He was completely up-front with me about the situation when I initially contacted him.

12. saks

Hmmmm...maybe passives will move up the list a bit ;)

AmpedUp likes this.
  13. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Oh wow. Really wasn't hoping for that long of a delay, but stuff happens.

He is offering an Dayton Audio two input channel amp module with Bluetooth now. I've never heard either one of these in person (Matrix or Dayton Audio) but it is a consideration at this point.

14. saks

That sounds interesting. I was thinking of getting something powered later. Just as a quick-carry option without having to pack up the rack.

You know, in case I ever do leave my bedroom...hey it could happen.

AmpedUp likes this.
  15. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Mic mentioned the Dayton module as I was communicating about my order and I turned it down simply not knowing of its reputation in any way.

There are things said about the Matrix series amps where RobinMatrix on the fractal forum says they have specifically made changes to soften the amps output to make it sound/feel more tube like for guitar with the GT series. The GM-50 is supposedly like 1 of the 2 channels of the GT1000 and in speaker mount form. It has 1 speaker output and requires a crossover module for use as a coaxial unit.

The Dayton has 5 DSP EQ filtering positions and 2 speaker outputs with the crossover built in. Dayton offers 4 different units with 4 different crossover points. And a built-in 2 input mixer. 5 year warranty on this amp as well.

saks likes this.
  16. saks

Since I'm using a GT1000 now I would probably have a better chance of my patches being consistent using the GM-50 in the 1x12 ( since I'll be using passive 1x12 ).

AmpedUp likes this.
  17. patrick2099

I'm not sure of all the differences between the Dayton and the Matrix. Michael Britt is currently using his custom model with the Dayton amp. He said that he likes both, but that the Dayton is louder. Also, Mick says that the Dayton has the programmability options of the Matrix and then some. It also has an extra channel and Bluetooth. Hopefully it ends up working out, because that will be a lot of money from me if it ends up being inferior to the Matrix.

saks and AmpedUp like this.
  18. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Saks, I would think very close. Only a guess though.

saks likes this.
  19. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

So did you go with the Dayton?

20. patrick2099

I didn't know that the amp changed from the Matrix to the Dayton. When I had Mick send the invoice, it clearly stated Dayton. I clarified that it was still programmable, like the Matrix. I really can't picture Mick using the Dayton if it sucks, but now you guys have me paranoid! =)