XITONE Group Buy Discussion

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Mar 5, 2017.

1. DotStudio

DotStudio Senior Member

I've been lurking in this thread awhile waiting to see the custom grills. Really cool stuff guys :applause:

AmpedUp, frankv and Falconbill like this.
  2. jn99

jn99 Member

A question for you guys with the 1x12 Xitone. I pretty much narrowed my search to the Atomic CLR, and Xitone and maybe the Mission Io though I cannot find out anything about it, no personal revews, comparisons, clips on yt, nothin'. I have been talking to Mick about a Xitone and recently managed to score a very nice deal on a CLR MK II Neo. So for those of you with the Xitone 1x12, have any of you had the opportunity to compare with a CLR and if so, what were your impressions?

I'm still thinking I will get a Xitone and just let my ears make the final decision but it will be interesting to hear from anyone who's already done so.

3. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

I spent a lot of time researching options and for me it came down to either the Xitone or the CLR. The tiebreaker for me was customer service which is why I chose Xitone.

4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I know you don't want to do it.. But if you read through this thread you will see my opinions on both the CLR of which I have had 3 and the XItone of which I have had 4...

I'll cut to the chase. I only have Xitone now.

5. jn99

jn99 Member

:) I have read through this thread, saw the post where you said you A/B compared them and they are nearly identical. I'll re-read at some point. I also saw a post of yours in another thread where you recommended the CLR for slightly better resolution, or maybe it was definition, something to that effect. It sounds like your opinion is that they are really close in sound but build quality edge goes to Xitone.

Somewhere else in my travels I read, probably tgp but not sure, where someone did a comparison and said they felt the CLR had an edge for the "amp in the room" feel, a little more air movement and bottom end. Still considering getting one to do my own comparison.

frankv likes this.
  6. frankv

Very good....

The problem I saw with the CLR is while it did sound like it had more resolution (that was at low volume) it also got very harsh at higher volume. Its' folded horn design BEAMS out very harsh highs while the XiTone's coaxial design was much smoother and more "Amp in the room like"

That is what I have found and why I have only Xitone.

Falconbill and mdubya like this.
  7. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

This in particular looks awesome IMHO.

:wow: :wow: :thumbs: :applause:

:cheers2:

jdto and Falconbill like this.
  8. Tiboy

Tiboy Senior Member

I've been quiet since receiving my 212. Frankly I was underwhelmed. Things have changed dramatically. After some Kemper setting tweaking, some experimentation, maybe speaker break in and a dose of acclimation I'm loving the xitone. In fact I sold another high end amp today as I move closer to being all in on Kemper.

Falconbill, jdto, frankv and 2 others like this.
  9. frankv

You are or were just not use to hearing what you heard. It really is just that simple. When you have a totally colored tone from a speaker cabinet and switch to a true representation of what the models should sound like.. Boy will that wake you up fast.

jdto and Tiboy like this.
  10. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

Here's a shot of mine in action at a jam set up at GuitarsCanada. It was my first time being able to turn it up. In a room full of tubes it did not sound out of place. I was using a decent Marshall model with a slight crunch to it that worked well for riding the volume and tone knobs my LP. I used no pedals and just changed my sound with knobs and the pickup switch, which was fun. There were some really good players st the jam.

IMG_7277.JPG

Falconbill, RAG7890, AmpedUp and 4 others like this.
  11. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

I've been visiting with Mick over the last couple of days and finalized an active floor wedge with him.:)

frankv and mdubya like this.
  12. frankv

Welcome to the group my friend. I think you are going to be very happy when you get it.. it might take awhile.. but it will be well worth it. Call me if you have any questions. i know you have my number.

AmpedUp likes this.
  13. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

I'm betting it's worth the wait too. Thank you Frank. Will do.

frankv and jdto like this.
  14. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Hi Falconbill. Was hoping to request a pic somehow of your Xitone grill art work? Just as the bucket disabled so many accounts on the net, I was going to show that sound wave to a buddy here locally who also used a spectrum wave from his title song for use on his cd artwork. I thought it was neat is all and hoped you could oblige. I've offered up to Mick to use an LOUD w/3 bars speaker icon for my late entry into the Xitone game. He said he could make that work. Should be cool.
    Thanks, if at all possible, I'd appreciate it.

frankv likes this.
  15. Falconbill

Sorry for the delay, but I've been out of town the last couple of weeks.

I should mention that the wave graphic is very subtle and is more pronounced in the picture than in person. Here is the graphic I sent Mick:

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-doppler-effect-for-sound-waves-2699444

Also, the blue shading you see in the picture was not done on the finished cab. It's all one shade of blue. Mick was initially not happy with how it came out because it didn't "pop". I was happy with it because I was just looking for something understated instead of just the black grille. Hope that helps.

AmpedUp likes this.
  16. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Thank you very much. It did stand out somewhat slightly subtle in the speaker cab pic you had posted. I do kind of get where he's coming from with wanting the graphic to stand out. Mick suggested silver on the black grill for mine. It's gonna pop all right! Thank you Falconbill. I'll pass it on to my buddy.

Falconbill likes this.
  17. Falconbill

Cool. Silver should stand out more. Might want to also ask if Mick can powder coat the hardware in silver. That would look killer IMHO.

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  18. frankv

Boy, aren't you guys happy you are not looking at an 8 week wait.. ahahahah

jdto likes this.
  19. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Any of you that bought the MBritt active cabinet, would you care to comment on how you like it, what mode you run it in, and how you would compare it to any other FRFR that you have used? Inquiring minds want to know!

20. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Falcon, that would probably look great! I'm ok with the rest of it black since it's locked in and paid.

Falconbill likes this.