WTB -- Tom Holmes H450/H455 Set Humbucker Pickups

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by sgtsteiner, Aug 8, 2017.

1. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Senior Member

Hey All -- looking for a clean set of Holmes 450/455 Humbuckers. Bobbin color not important, but I need full length lead wires. Email is fastest -- stamptedtandb@gmail.com Cheers and thanks!

2. BA-CHEE

BA-CHEE Senior Member

Got a Brand New Double Cream Set , was posted here about a month (?) or so ago , ... I deleted the pics from my computer, but the pics are still up in my posting. Please do a search and you will be able to see the price and pics. Good Luck in your search. :band:

3. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Member

4. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Senior Member

Thanks guys - but these are the JAPANESE licensed pickups. I'm looking for the real deal Tennessee-made-by-Tom American humbuckers. Thanks!

5. BA-CHEE

BA-CHEE Senior Member

Here's a 4 wired pair BUT one of em has short wires :

TH 03.JPG

TH 05.JPG

6. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Senior Member

@BA-CHEE - Thanks man... but they're for a 335 so I need full lead wires :( So close! Uggggg.

7. BA-CHEE

BA-CHEE Senior Member

Okee Dokee - good luck in yer search for them THolmes pickups.

8. Mustard Caps

Mustard Caps Senior Member

Get on the waiting list. Save money.

While I have his pups, I got back on the list in March, and was told theres an 8 month wait list.

When I first got mine 3 years ago Tom had been sick, really sick, and there was a 20 month wait. I was told 24, but he came through in 20. That also gave me time to save for a nice Burst Build. I got on the list in 2012, and got them in 14. I actually ordered the pups first, and then went guitar hunting

I had Tom Reverse the Neck Mag. I actually got 2 sets, and had him reverse both neck mags.

But when I got the guitar, and plugged it in, I was sold on both the guitar, and the pickups.

Not saying you want these, just a heads up.

Tom will also wind a Slightly Overwound set. About 50 turns per bobbin.

He also makes an A4 set. I think they are around 7.4k. These were his original pups, but switched to A2 in 1992.

Tom told me that Billy Gibbons, Gary Moore, Peter Frampton. helped in the major sound, and balance between the 2 pickups, and were also instrumental in him switching to A2. He hates to overwind the pups, but will.

Most all of Billys, Garys, Framptons HB guitars had/have Toms pups.

Frampton uses the H450 in the Neck x H453 in the Middle ( A4 ) and H455 in the bridge of his 3 pups non original guitars.

I looked around for some for sale on the net, but only saw 1 set for sale at the moment, and it was slightly out of line on the cost. IMHO. Id " Almost" take my pups out of my guitar and sell them for what 1 person wants. NAH, I wouldn't, but almost would.

They really are some nice sounding pups. I'm mainly a Strat guy since 71, and never woned a HB guitar, so I had a really nice 59 Burst copy made with all old woods ect, and really light at 8.2lbs

I'm going to get an Overwound set, a 3 pickups set like Framptons, and another H455 set when my ### come up in Nov.:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::Ohno::Ohno::Ohno::Ohno:

I've mainly played a Strat since 71, but have to say the Holmes pups sound better than any HBs Ive heard, and the harmonic content is over the top. These pups are also fairly bright, which I also like considering I'm a Strat guy. But theyre warm, and harmonically rich, at the same time. Really good bite, and response to right hand attack. Best Ive used, even vs the Strat:wow::wow::wtf::wtf:

But they made a believer out of me. I also like a .015 cap in the neck. .022 Bridge.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Senior Member

Still looking...

10. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Recovering Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

It's very easy to extend the lead wires, or you could have them professionally replaced by any number of winders. Regardless, good luck.

11. currypowder

currypowder Senior Member