Wouldn't you know it?

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by Cozmik Cowboy, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Senior Member

As I have mentioned, my beloved Sheraton got just a hair damp in a flooded basement in '96 (it was the last guitar in the line of 4, so the last one - but 4th object overall - grabbed), and has developed a severe case of pot rot since, to the point it has mostly sat for a couple years. Last week I finally ordered the parts to revive her (500K CTS pots, amber tophats, .033µF Sozo Vintage Mustard caps, Switchcraft jack & switch), and the caps have arrived.
    So, last night I couldn't wait any longer & headed down to my basement shop to pull the old guts; what do I behold but 2" of water on the floor!
    No, it's not that bad - I'd put her on top of the chest freezer. But still, this rankles my ass! Today I paid a plumber $90 to fail to clear the floor drain; the city had to rod from the street end, which they did. The water is down, the only sewage came from inside, and the next 2 days will be devoted to clean-up. Maybe the rest of the parts will be here by then. :fingersx:
    And, while I decided to wait on the plumber last night (water has come in before, but always run right out said drain), I did disembowel her on the dining room table. Rust on pots, switch, jack, and height screws (luckily not the p/ups themselves)

1 person likes this.
  2. Papa

Papa Senior Member

Cozmik Cowboy,

Not what I would want in my basement or around my guitars:

[​IMG]
    No wonder he looks so pissed.

Sorry to hear about the damage.
    Hope everything works out for you.

Papa

3. Brians Evil Twin

Brians Evil Twin Poophoria Sōtō Zen V.I.P. Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-_9cwdLug]Led Zeppelin When The Levee Breaks by Zepparella - YouTube[/ame]