Would you say this is real or fake?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by daze84, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

And I believe yours was out of line too.

2. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I don't believe I was out of line, I simply responded in kind to the sentiments posted by young Sinmastah which, as I've already stated were IMO way out of line. IIRC I did not denigrate the information he has compiled, in fact my statement was that the first 2 or 3 pages were very informative, I simply wasn't going to bother reading all 52 pages of the thread.

3. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I have the utmost respect for this forum, but simply because you've posted more doesn't earn you that respect. I'm here to learn as well as contribute but I'm not here to take a bunch of flack from children who haven't learned how to interact politely in a public forum.

4. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

5. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

You are not contributing at all. Quite frankly, I don't believe a thing you have posted . I think you live in a fantasy world and have created a false persona to build up a non existing ego. Relish it. You won't be on here very long. Once your trolling is done, you'll be gone just like all the others.

6. Gunner

Why do trolls do it?
    I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

7. calibud

calibud Senior Member

Who is this guy what are you like 7?

Hey bill ana slashfan take a hike.

8. Gunner

On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally, merely as a ludibrium. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere and attempting to belittle those who may disagree with them.

9. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

"a non existing ego"? *sigh* the state of public education these days :confused:

Regardless of whether you believe it or not I have better things to do than create "false personas". As I said before I'm here to learn more about Les Pauls and contribute what I can, where I can. I believe I'll be here as long as I choose unless I run afoul of specific forum rules which I have no plan to do.

10. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Thanks for taking the time to post that explanation.

11. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Sorry, I don't think I will by hey thanks for the warm welcome! :thumb:

12. Bizarro

Bizarro Senior Member

Well, this certainly was an interesting read. It ranged from helpful answers to someone attempting to win an argument by resorting to name calling. It is always best to completely ignore a new poster like that. If you ignore him, one of two things will occur, he will either mature and behave in a civil and respectful fashion or leave. Either result is fine with me. For now, I will put that offensive member where he belongs, on my ignore list.

13. djwilbanks

djwilbanks V.I.P. Member

So let me preface this by saying I am on my mobile and it sometimes chooses words for me that I do not want it too, but my fingers are flying so fast I did not see that it typed "rogers" instead of "fingers."

Now then, let me see... Billy, you want to learn more about Les Pauls? Welcome to MLP, I've learned a lot here in my short time and I've made some great friends along the way. That said, you have a lot of growing up to do before your opinion matters around here. Most of us have paid our dues and proven ourselves to be upstanding members of or community and we did not earn respect by attacking some of the more respected members of this forum in our first twenty posts. You say you have been a mod and plenty of forums over the years, I don't doubt that, but for all your moderation experience and your quasi-intellectual manner of speaking doesn't make up for your lack of respect. You think we think that our number of posts make us worthy of respect? Far from it, friend. The fact that two of them have saved countless people from unwittingly buying fake guitars, one of them is single handedly responsible for amassing a large group of mature and mostly level headed teens, and others is what earned our respect around here. You attack these people an demand they respect you because of what? Your mod experience? Did you design the Les Paul? Is it because you think "diaper contingant" of whatever you said was clever? I am waiting for a reason to respect you. I like to start off getting to know someone by giving all the respect I recieve back. Let's me know the kind of person with which I'm dealing. As far as I can tell, you're a disrespectful twerp who needs to brush that chip of his shoulder or step off.

Oh, and again, welcome to MLP :wave:

14. Gunner

Leave perhaps?:thumb:

15. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

He got banned...
    Guys, this thread serves as a lesson to us all, to GET respect you have to GIVE respect, and clearly, Bill wasnt able to do that although I cant fathom why. IMO, he knew exactly what he was doing and was gunning for it from the start. As an ex-moderator, I have no doubt that he knows full well how to conduct himself in an open forum.
    There certainly wasnt any need to use his namecalling in order to make a point, thats definitely immaturity at its best. My 13 year old daughter doesnt even act/react like that.

And I want to express to everyone here how grateful I am to everyone here for their kind comments about Sin and my efforts- it truly makes it all worthwhile. Just the fact that everyone here felt the need to jump in and help says a lot, compounded with the kind comments...
    Thank you all...

16. RMC1

RMC1 Senior Member

You Guys do a great job,and have no doubt stopped a lot of people that didn`t know the differences save a lot of money,and dissapointment.There will always be someone spoiling for a fight,but we all know they don`t stick around for long.Idiots and Trouble causers soon come unstuck,keep up the good work Guys.:thumb:

17. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Just waiting for the next guy :rolleyes:

Oh well, this coulda been better, but I think we handled it pretty well.

18. Bizarro

Bizarro Senior Member

Very prophetic.

19. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Hmm, is Gunner gonna get a new title along with "CEO Teen Axe Group"? Maybe..... "MLP Palm Reader?"

20. Zoshquin

Zoshquin Senior Member

I'm not a pro but the logo looks fake on both..