Would you say this is real or fake?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by daze84, Jan 8, 2009.

1. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

And after reading it all, I CAN see where someone could get defensive by interpreting what was initially written, if that's the case, Bill, let me be first to apologize for.my lack of clarity. As said a couples posts above, I was reflecting on my encounter with another guy several weeks ago when writing the "Oh no, here we go again" comment. It had no connectioon with you.

2. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Your apology is much appreciated and unconditionally accepted. For the record I wasn't looking to start a confrontation and my initial question was basically rhetorical however I may have reacted a little too defensively and if that's the case then I apologize as well.

3. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Thanks also. (Group hug, MLP style....)
    lol...

4. PunkerJon

PunkerJon Senior Member

Awww yeah, time for a love in:hippie:

5. djwilbanks

djwilbanks V.I.P. Member

I can feel the love in this thread... lotta love here.

6. transparentbluefanatic

transparentbluefanatic Senior Member

It looked real to me.

how can you tell?

7. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Hey! A poo-throwing contest, and I didn't get in on it?
    Dang it!!!:(

8. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

It always amazes me the snobbery that's pervasive amongst some Gibson owners. Epiphones are not "cheap guitars" they are simply less expensive.

The statement: " There are lots and lots of ways to communicate without offending but it takes time to learn that and even then some never do. I realize there are some younger members here who don't understand that yet so maybe this will help them out. I've been a Mod on internet forums since the late 90s and have dealt with more than a few rambunctious contributors so I know first hand of which I speak. Fortunately I'm not a Mod here so there's no need to keep the gloves on" is offensive when it is applied to Sinmastah or GNR4VR at this Forum. They have unselfishly given of themselves to the membership of MLP to ensure that members are not unwittingly duped by unscrupulous vendors selling fakes. It is you Mr. Bill who needs a lesson in manners and etiquette at this forum. If in fact you were ever a Mod somewhere you certainly haven't learned from that experience since you seem to be spoiling for a fight since you started posting here lately. You've been a member here since June Mr. Bill, you're not a noob,so quit acting like a Troll. If you think Epiphones are beneath you, skip those threads and share your wisdom with us all in the Gibson threads.

Sin and GNR4VR, thanks for all the time you spend helping the membership of MLP!

9. dennistruckdriver

Right on, Gun!
    Bill; move along. Your 'contribution' is not needed or appreciated.

10. VastHorizon

VastHorizon Senior Member

Mr. Bill,

Please. Let's face reality. Fakes are out there. It's a good thing that we have GNR and Sin here in the forums to help out the newbies.

Yes, even if they are Epiphones, they are profitable. I've been from a country where fakes are everywhere. From shoes to underwears. Now, if I were to buy a brand X type of underwear, which I have searched the net about and have read reviews saying that it will support my privates well, I would buy it. But what happens if the one I bought was a fake? Will my balls fall out? Will I have venereal disease?

If this happened to me buying a guitar, having read online that the guitar is somewhat alright. I take the fake guitar home, not knowing it's fake. Then I play at bedroom level. Next day, we have a gig. Club volume. There, we will measure it's true power. Then the time comes. Crank it up, baby! BAAM... Awful feedback, crappy tone, etc. Kinda like what happens when you purchase a fake underwear. You stay at home, walking, going around the house. But when you wear it to Gym class and started jumping around playing sports, BAAMMMM. OUCH......

Here is Economics for you Mr. Bill: Production line fakes always have lesser quality than the originals in order for them to have profit. Imagine this, original guitar makers do not have to bribe officials and smuggle them out of their country. Meanwhile, the fakers bribe them and pay for smuggling. That means fakers spend more. In order for them to profit from this, they need to lower the quality of the replicated guitar to balance what they have paid as bribe.

Who are the victims of this? The ignorant consumer.

Sin and GNR have been offering their services for free to help the uninformed.

I am not starting a flame war, sir. I am merely explaining.

Please pardon my English, sir. I am only a new immigrant in Canada and English is not my first language. If I have made any mistakes, I am sorry.

11. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Sorry, but I don't take back what I said. You think you are above Epiphones, which is fine.

Also as a new member, respect is usually nice to have to get a lot of this forum, as a mod for other forums you should have realized this.

12. Gunner

The guy is clearly trolling. He'll be gone in a week.

13. Huey

Huey Senior Member

Mr. Bill, if I may call you that, there is no need to get out of line here. SinMastah put up that thread in order to help everyone else here that may be "ignorant" about a specific topic. Honestly, I have no idea about fake epiphones but I definitely would not want to get a fake one. I am probably gonna get one to take to college in a couple of years and I will look for his thread for advice in buying one, especially if I get one used. This industry is also very profitable especially while using a name as built up as "Epiphone" who honestly make some very high end guitars called "Elitists" if you know anything about those. These can cost more than an average "Gibson" Les Paul Studio. I really hope you aren't offended by my comment and I hope you choose to stay.

14. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Actually elitists are a lot cheaper, but same quality.

15. dennistruckdriver

You guys know I am always up for a 'flame war'!

[​IMG]

Never apologize for speaking your true opinion.

If you spoke your mind, don't be concerned for his wittle hurt feelings! As far as I am concerned, he is free to leave if he so desires.

16. JonMan94

JonMan94 Senior Member

first guitar: LEGIT. (looks like a older korean made.)

second guitar: FAKE (obvious of pickgurad and other stufff......)

17. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I didn't ask for an apology from you and quite frankly I didn't expect one. You're too young to even understand how much you have to learn about respect so I would respectfully request that you refrain from preaching it to me. Your comment was unnecessary and AFAIC out of line but if you choose to stand by it then so be it.

18. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Oh my I seem to have run afoul of the recently out of diapers contingent of MLP. Heaven help me...what will I do now? :rolleyes:

19. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Please don't spare a thought for my "wittle feelings" I'm perfectly capable of handling myself on an internet forum. :slap:

20. Gunner

You know what you can do ? You can grow up and start showing some respect to the members here. Try to contribute instead of needlessly stirring the pot. Age wise, you may be my senior, but intellectually you certainly are not. Either treat this forum with respect or find another place to Troll. It's as simple as that.