Word is out that the AxeFx II will soon have a profiling method of its own!!

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by nicolasrivera, Feb 12, 2012.

1. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Yep, it's all over the boards, Fractal audio has seen and heard the amazing Kemper amp, now they are cooking a similar solution just to keep up with them.

Interesting, if this can be implemented on the AxeFXII with out the need of nothing but a firmware update, maybe line6 can enter the profiling race too.

This means that Profiling is not patented.:shock:

2 people like this.
  2. GoD_X

GoD_X Junior Member

its out.. "Tone Matching" Technology.. looking forward to it...

1 person likes this.
  3. Luckynumber3

Luckynumber3 Senior Member

Wait, so you mean that we will have another (probably way cheaper) device that can do something similar?! No way!:wow::hyper:

I wonder if you could get it to work decently by running it through your amp's effects loop (such as the mini rectifier:D).

Either way, I am assuming you could at least plug this into a pc and do the same thing as the kemper but cheaper- should be interesting to see what happens! For all I know, we might just be witnessing the beginning of an entire new form of amplification (instead of modeling amps, profiling amps made designed to work with a pc or profiling combos that reproduce the sounds fairly accurately).

4. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

That's the good news. The bad news is only a few people are able to get their hands on the Axe FX II. Last I heard anyway... which was a little while ago.

5. Lowdown

Lowdown Senior Member

Profiling :hmm:
    What is that fellas? Sounds very CSI,to me. Like,programming your own amp tone,which is old news. Isn't it?

Damn tecnocombology!

6. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Cheaper? No, Axe Fx II is way over $2,000, Kemper Amp is $1,800

7. carydad

carydad Senior Member

I plan to own both...so all the kemper amp profiles can be sucked into the axe-and I can own every amp on earth! No idea how many axe2's are out there. Had mine a few months. Kemper on order, probably as a b-rig/tool, but you never know. Once he gets the kinks worked out, maybe my main rig will be BOTH units. Certainly a very cool time to be a guitarist-especially one living in a small space. I have over 100 profiles downloaded, and don't even have the kemper yet ;)

3 people like this.