I have two solid bodies in the "paint>wait 2 weeks>scuff>paint>wait 2 more weeks" process, so idle hands wanted something to do. Always loved tricones, so thought what the hell, lets try something new. I had posted on here looking for build plans, couldn't find any so drew out my own, not too far from the original but things may change as we go along. Decided on a quilted maple top, quilted sepele neck, sides and back and an Macassar ebony fret board. I cut the top and instead of adding the "basket weave" from the back, it tried to do it as one piece. Still needs some refinement but I am happy with the way its looking. The sound well is flame maple, I made it in two pieces so I could have a slight lip at the top so as the cone cover will have a bit more meat to rest on. (I am considering making a wooden cover plate if I can cut the sound hole neat, would be cool to keep the flow of the wood on the top) Still have a long way to go, and have never built an acoustic instrument before...but building something new, from a pencil drawing is kinda fun!