WIZZ pickups review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by nicolasrivera, Apr 11, 2011.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Senior Member

Greetings Alex,
    I received my pickups this morning and I truthfully can't praise you enough for the quality and craftsmanship which you have put into them.
    You also fulfilled your promise to me on delivery, even at this bad time for you.

I need a few more humbuckers and now I reckon I will wait until hopefully you decide to return to business.

Here's wishing that the pressure of the recent setback which you have had will be resolved soon.
    And in the meantime my thanks go to you for everything with the very best of wishes.

2 people like this.
  2. Carolinablue

Carolinablue Junior Member

Sorry for the pics !

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Carolinablue

Carolinablue Junior Member

Another one !

Attached Files:

4. The Thruth

The Thruth wizzard MLP Sponsor

here is a few i took today with new camera setup
    this is still orders from january :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  5. rykus

rykus Senior Member

I wouldn't feel bad, some others are up too almost a year wait! yours are looking amazing hopefully all is well.

1 person likes this.
  6. theycallmetex

theycallmetex Senior Member

I just received my sets last night. Thank you so much Alex, they are fantastic!

One is a Peter Green PAF clone set, the other is a regular PAF clone set. Both are aged with double cream bobbins under the covers and A4 mags.

I have played a lot of PAF type pickups (never an original YET) and these are the best I have had. They just sound incredible, are well built and look amazing.

The PG set absolutely nails those tones, not just in the middle but the individual pickups as well. The PAF set lives up to the reputation set forth in this thread, absolutely stunning.

I feel very fortunate to have these!

3 people like this.
  7. rykus

rykus Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Set #27 they look amazing, thanks Alex!

5 people like this.
  8. LtKojak

LtKojak Senior Member

Alex, just by looking at the reviews, I'd say if you stop making p'ups it'll be a very big mistake indeed.

Get the production down if you must, but don't stop it.

You can thank me later! ;)

3 people like this.
  9. AllmanBurst

AllmanBurst Senior Member

Those look killer!!! nice guitar too

1 person likes this.
  10. theycallmetex

theycallmetex Senior Member

+1 I don't know the details of Alex's recent hardship but I will absolutely buy more of his pickups if he starts back up.

My 2 sets blew me away instantly and I love them more each day!

2 people like this.
  11. rykus

rykus Senior Member

I got some good time in on mine now, but haven't been able to crank the amps up too much yet.I ordered mine in a super low wind neck is 6.5 A4 mag bridge is 7.2 A2 mag.

Love the neck and it sounded so good right where I put it, I haven't really moved it at all except to even out the volume across the strings. sound really full with a hallowed out honky kind of tone. they have a nice clear tone though,no mud and good definition across all the strings with out sounding too thin.Just a very cool vowley tone, I am really liking it

The bridge I've had more problems with, it is a little thin compared to the neck, I had to move it way up close the the strings to match the tone of the neck,but then I realized it was louder than the neck, but still felt a bit thin.I have been only running very low volume though so the amps already sound a bit thin and anemic, I'll wait till I get to turn up and try a few more amps to make full judgement. They still had the nice honky vowley tone like the neck just sounds a little thin for me so far. I have a old 50's mag I can try if I can't find the sweet spot after I try it though some louder set ups.

Over all I am really impressed, they look great, and replaced some OTPG pu's, so thats a though act to fallow already. The neck pu is magic in this guitar and although that particular neck OTPG PU before was one of the great ones, it will go better in my other LP.This one stays in this guitar no matter what!
    I'll work with the bridge and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is just the amps being way down, if not I'll do a magnet swap or swap in another pu after I get bored of having my sandy replica,maybe put the OTPG double white back in uncovered!

Thanks again Alex! top notch stuff!I asked for these exact specs and described a really open hallow tone and they really nail it and more with the extra honk-y-ness and overtones, and suite this guitar very well.

Cheers all, and I will say I put these up there in the top 5 winders I've tried so far! all the top guys making pu's are amazing, just some work better for the tone of certain guitars. This guitar is a little heavier and darker sounding than my main guitars, but feels great to play, I really think these helped bring it up a notch in overall tone, and I can't wait to throw the OTPG neck PU in my '10 R9!

thanks for reading

3 people like this.
  12. tongski_02

tongski_02 Member

mine came in the mail today!! they look great. i'll post some clips after am done witing them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. mfolet

mfolet Senior Member

That's awesome!!!!

14. tongski_02

tongski_02 Member

15. PuroMojo

PuroMojo Senior Member

6 people like this.
  16. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

Both the pickups and your amp sound great

17. ASG

ASG Senior Member

Hey Alex I feel like going for a Wizz!
    Did you know that means I am busting to go for a pee in England and Australia? Haha. Maybe you mean WIZard? If so I would consider next run of print to change to Wiz?

They look great and though hard to tell for sure from clips likely sound great!:dude:

18. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Senior Member

Or, some say they're going for a :slash:

19. homenote

homenote V.I.P. Member

The best I ever played (not long ago) was on a Wizz loaded Italian Job Burst!

Just sayn..

1 person likes this.
  20. peach64

peach64 Senior Member

Yeah add me to this list...I bought two sets...still waiting for the second, but they are fantastic...looking forward to really getting another special wound set too...

Thank you Alex

1 person likes this.