WINE RED epiphone les paul custom with flame maple top?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by EpipaulThorne, May 5, 2008.

1. RMC1

RMC1 Senior Member

Mail these Guys,they may be able to ship one mate.There`s a Wine Red Flame at the bottom of that linked Page.

Search Results

2. overdriver

overdriver Banned

RMC1 those are not wine red , the quilted standards ,granted they are close to wine red but darker. They are black cherry the wine red was disscontinued some time ago. These black cherry are being offered in the UK yes and not in the U.S.: Australia, Canada and Europe ? The custom does say wine red though ltd colour introduced special for those I suspose. Maybe the custom is NOS

3. RMC1

RMC1 Senior Member

Yeah i realised the Quilt was Black Cherry today,my bad.I`m going to call about the supposedly Wine Red Custom Plus in the morning.

4. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

5. RMC1

RMC1 Senior Member

You will be just fine with imuso my friend.

6. lifele55

lifele55 Senior Member

Hell I can't stop looking at customs... :D

7. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

Boooo - heard back from imuso.co.uk - turns out they don't ship to the USA. If anyone else runs across one of these for sale somewhere please pass along the information. Thanks.

8. RMC1

RMC1 Senior Member

I`ll keep my eyes open,if i find one you will be the first to know

9. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

Thanks RMC - much appreciated.

10. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

Hi guys - I want to get your impression of the one that I've found. It's being sold as a b stock/2nd/USED. The asking price is six hundred and I'm having a hard time putting an accurate value on it given it's status as Used and whether I should take the plunge or avoid it altogether. Please check out the story and images and tell me what you think. Thanks -

Gibson Epiphone Les Paul
    For sale is a like new Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition Custom Shop Plus electric guitar in a gorgeous Wine Red gloss finish. It features Gold hardware multiple binding and block inlay. Add to that a beautiful flame maple top, a solid Mahogany body with a set mahogany neck and you get that classic Les Paul tone and feel. The sound is accentuated by the two Alnico Classic Humbucker pick ups. I plugged this guitar into my Fender Deluxe tube amp and it rocked. You won’t be disappointed with this guitar. Check my feedback and you’ll see that I don’t exaggerate when I describe the guitars I sell.

This guitar was sent from the factory to an authorized refurbishing center because of any number of reasons, mostly because of minute cosmetic flaws. The flaw is then repaired, or is so small that it is left alone. “USED” or “2nd” is then stamped on the back of the head. The stamp is there solely to protect manufacturers and buyers from crooked dealers who make fake warranty claims. The refurbishing center grades each guitar from 1 to 4. The grading system is as follows:

#1 – “Premium or Factory 2nd”

#2 – “Clean or No Visible Repairs”

#3 – “Blems or Minor Repair”

#4 - Visible Repair or Liquidation Instrument”

The invoice on this guitar shows that it was graded as # 1. You will be the first consumer to own this outstanding instrument. It will be carefully packed and double boxed to ensure safe shipping.

*****I then inquired for more information and received the following:
    This guitar is a 2008 model. It came from Epiphone and had a fretboard that was loose. The company I buy from re-glued the fretboard. It is like new and the repair is not visible. As far as a warranty is concerned I give a 6 month warranty on guitars I sell in my music store. If the workmanship on this guitar fails and you send it back to me, you pay shipping both ways, I will repair it at no cost other cost to you for 6 months and send it back to you. If you drop the guitar and break the headstock, I will not warranty that type of damage.

*****One more response:
    The pictures were taken in the studio we have in my store. The overhead lights make it very difficult to take good pictures...plus I'm a crappy photographer:( The only thing you see on this guitar is a bit of dust from hanging in the store. There are a few light pick marks on the pick guard but you have to hold the guitar a certain way to see them. If you buy this guitar and are unhappy with its cosemtics, I will give 3 days to return it for a full refund. You pay shipping costs for the return.

Here are the photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any experience and insight anyone can provide to help guide me here would be most appreciated. I'm starting to see how some of you guys end up with such nice collections. Thanks.

11. Benniator

Benniator Senior Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wine Reds aren't '08 models. Any Wine Reds sold are leftovers from '07, right? $600 seems way too much for a factory 2nd. The placement of the inlay and logo on the 2nd's headstock look different from mine. Not sure if that's a variance from the factory or if it's not a real Epi.

The 2nd:

[​IMG]

Mine, for reference:

[​IMG]

12. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

Your right - something about that 2nd just doesn't seem right to me. The only place I heard about them being discontinued was here, but their does seem to be new inventory in the UK.

Quick question Benniator - Is yours Wine Red with a Flame Top or Deep Cherry with a Flame Top?

I just happened across one that went up this AM and pulled the trigger. It's a 2005, but looks to be in good condition. Have a look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. notoperational

notoperational MLP Sponsor

What a great finish for a Custom.

You guys are making my black beauty look bad! lol

14. VictorLazarus

VictorLazarus Senior Member

There was a lush wine red epi I was after that had no pick guard but it sold before I could afford it, there's a epi with a really original finnish in a local shop 2nd hand near me - it looks like yellow but with sun spots on it if u know what I mean, its hard to describe but I've never seen that finnish b4.

MVL.

15. Benniator

Benniator Senior Member

It's a Wine Red flame top.

[​IMG]

16. inxs996

inxs996 Banned

I do like that guitar...

17. D4ngerboy

D4ngerboy Senior Member

gosh that axe is beautiful:wow:

18. vladmaximus

vladmaximus Senior Member

DAMN..I LOVE THE WINE RED COLOUR...
    hmmm...

[​IMG]

19. Stevics

Stevics Senior Member

I have a standard plus top in wine red.

I believe that the standard comes with cream bits and the custom with black.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck with yous search!

[​IMG]

20. Slapdash

Slapdash Junior Member

Another Beauty! Nice one Stevics -

Correct - Standards are Cream and Chrome where as the custom plus tops are Black and Gold.