Windy City Guitars *Sponsor*

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by Alex, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

[​IMG]

Windy City Guitars Custom Shop has been customizing, refinishing, aging, and rebuilding electric guitars for over 20 years. What started as an interest in playing blues and rock guitar quickly evolved into an obsession with, and passion for, the instrument that so many have used to reshape music and inspire millions to express themselves musically.

WCG’s largest area of expertise is with Gibson electric guitars and, specifically, turning standard factory stock guitars into custom works of art. We have added binding to run-of-the-mill Les Paul Studios, Explorers, and Flying V’s to transform them into custom instruments. Additionally, WCG has added flame-maple veneers and mixed custom colors to create truly one of a kind looks.

Whether you want to restore your instrument to its original condition, completely transform it into something unique, or give it an authentic road-worn look, WCG will work with your custom specifications and deliver a beautiful guitar.

2. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Member

Thanks Alex. I was seeing his company down by Mark's guitar loft, like he had a separate thread or something, which I still do not see. It doesn't sound like you have heard anything positive or negative, so I will chalk it up to experience. I hate to send more than one message to him every 3 weeks or so. When I was working it out to send the guitar up to him his replies were same day if not same hour, but once the guitar got there, I have heard from him maybe twice, three times. Last was around memorial day. I will be greatly surprised if I see the guitar again though. So glad it was not my number one I guess!!
    Thanks for the reply though, truly appreciated.
    Nicko

rockstar232007 likes this.

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

If anyone else is having a hard time getting a hold of Windy City Guitars, please DM me ASAP.

PierM and rockstar232007 like this.

4. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

I had him do work for me and it was nothing but professional responses, although sometimes a few days apart. I know he works at least 2 jobs, has several children, and I believe is a single Dad.
    I`m just saying give him the benefit of the doubt before condemning.

Nick-O and Alex like this.

5. drugprowlingwolf

drugprowlingwolf Senior Member

This dude is an absolute cheat. Destroyed two of my guitars - I gave him multiple opportunities to right things. In the end I asked for a partial refund that was agreed to and then he just dropped off the face of the earth. He also canceled an appointment on me after driving all the way out to meet him. Great stuff, Jim. You sure were a nice guy until payment cleared. Proceed with caution - HIGHLY avoid all of you avoid. Can't decide if he's more of a thief or an outright coward for not having the stones to back up his own word. I guess it's both...

tzd, PierM, Nick-O and 2 others like this.

6. BigJim

BigJim Senior Member

Hmmm....he did a great job on a headstock split repair on my old PRS.

7. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Member

Just for the record, since this has been posted open on the forum. My original inquiry was via a PM to the forum moderator. My concern was not being able to reach Jim, and when I came here to MLP to try and contact him by PM I saw his business was no longer in the original section. I sent Alex a PM, and he decided to post it on the forum publicly.
    I spoke to Jim a while after this, and had an email from him recently, so I have been leaving it be and seeing how it all turns out. I am super sorry this got posted like this. I will post pictures when it is all over and done with, and hopefully put the issue to rest. From the pictures he sent it looks nearly finished.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018