Will a B7 Fit my MIK Les Paul?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Will Brunner, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Will Brunner

Will Brunner Junior Member

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I am curious to see what you guys think about my plan. I would like to install a bigsby b7 on MIK Epiphone Les Paul (I think it was made in 1999). The tailpiece studs on these MIK Les Pauls of this era seem to be further away from the bridge than on a modern epiphone or gibson. Would this affect my plan to put a bigsby on it? I was hoping I could just buy the bigsby and vibramate so I wouldn't have to do any drilling on the top. Thanks for your help!

Will

2. Will Brunner

Here is a picture of the guitar to give you all an idea of what I am talking about. The distance between the tailpiece and bridge seems too far and I don't think the bigsby with vibramate will just go over the tailpiece studs because of their different placement.

Attached Files:

3. Dick Banks

Dick Banks Senior Member

Pretty sure it will fit.
    Since you are going with the Vibramate, just buy it, and return it if it doesn't fit.
    No holes to drill, instantly reversible if you decide to remove it.

4. Will Brunner

Thanks for the input! I just worry that even with the vibramate, the holes for the bigsby won't line up with the factory tailpiece studs.

5. ultra80096

ultra80096 Senior Member

I have a '95 MIK Les Paul. I also have the Vibramate & a B7, although I've never installed yet. I'll try to do some measuring on mine, & reply back.

6. Will Brunner

Thanks! I really appreciate it :)