Wildkat - what are your opinions/experience?

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by NJDevil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Campbell

Campbell Banned

I appreciate the diagram, but more than likely not going to happen with my hands. I just play the damned things. I could do a few cosmetic changes, though. Last wiring job I tried killed the ol' gal. Luckily she was not the best guitar to begin with. I'm diggin' those Tele type knobs on her, though. Makes her all the more Gretchy.

2. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

I''ve had one for a few years now. First of all, it's a beautiful guitar. I love the bigsby. The neck is pretty fat and being a routed out piece of mahogony with a maple cap it's pretty heavy, much heavier than your average semi hollow with a laminated body. The only mod I've done to mine is a roller bridge. I never had any tuning stability issues but I needed a bridge for another guitar and figured I would use it as an opportunity to upgrade the Wildkat. Someday I will rewire it and replace the cap as I figure it's got to help with the pickups, as they are in need of more treble. I've put it off this long because it's such a royal pain to rewire a hollow body. If Epiphone ever puts out a Pro series P90 and drops them in the Wildkat, they'd have a real winner