Why no love for the Line 6?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Big Mark, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

Cool, where'd he get it?

I haven't updated my patches in quiet a while now. Barring a tornado, I may amble over to CustomTone and grab a few tonight.

- D

2. b-squared

b-squared Banned

He got on the Line6 site. Just search Wes' name.

3. mattymel

mattymel Senior Member

Yeah. I lived in Nyc for a few years and managed to gig regularly and remain in one piece somehow. NYStraggler, looks to me like you've been banished to Long Island though. Not surprising you still claim NYC as your homebase. I thought I smelled some Buttafucco cologne creeping. I'll lay off you now since I think Long Island only learned about solid state amps about a year or so ago.

I would love to hear any of you funny guys play any one of the pieces you are so quick to critique. If any one is up to the challenge, you name the song you want and I will record my snobby Seattle take and put it up sometime this week. If you want to use your POD, I think that would actually speak more loudly to the original topic than any of the BS written here. Ready to walk the walk? Your amp might be louder than mine, but let's hear YOU playing it. Takers?

4. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

And then beat feet back to Seattle....

No shame in that, skippy. Lots of people can't cut it here. You ain't the first.

Whoo-hoo! Name-calling! Gonna start crying soon, son?

I own a house on Long Island, son. Bought it with gig money! And played most of them in NYC, too.

And TBH, you can't 'lay off' somebody when you haven't landed a punch yet.

Go get some Starbucks and continue sulking, punk.

- D

5. mudfinger

mudfinger Thanks for the memories! V.I.P. Member

Your muzak gives you no credibility with me. Put up your best version of "Red House", and then we'll know what's up. If you can play it like a man, we'll talk. :rolleyes:

6. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

Can't we just use pistols? This guy is starting to bore me. :D

- D

7. mudfinger

:laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_iDlCdL60]YouTube - To The Pain[/ame]

8. mattymel

mattymel Senior Member

From your gig schedule looks like you are playing Long Island sports bars, I think I'll stick to Seattle weddings, thanks. Say hi to Amy F for me! Playing "paying" gigs in NY it's no wonder you have to live over there. Yeah, there are good players in NYC. But I never saw any with mullets and a line 6 show up. Red house, eh? And what song are you going to record mudfingers?

9. gilmourjunkie

gilmourjunkie Senior Member

oh boy... as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I think your answer lies in getting out and playing a good tube amp... but get some volume out of it and you will most likely see what everyone is going on about. At bedroom levels, you most likely won't notice much of a difference.

10. mudfinger

Play Red House like a man, and then we'll talk. What part of that wasn't clear to you? You read as well as you play. :laugh2:

11. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

I knew you'd come back. Gotta get that last word in, eh, Matty?

FWIW, you wouldn't survive 5 minutes in the rooms I play. They'd laugh your ass right into the street.

I understand. A hothouse flower like you can't get their ballerina shoes dirty, after all.

Someone pass me the idiot-to-English dictionary...

Mullet jokes, Amy Fisher jokes.... you a funny guy. A little out of touch, but funny in a jazz-boy, shut-in, emotionally-stunted kind of way.

Here's an old friend of mine. Guess what his amp of choice is?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOe8fUqYVBs"]Teddy Rondinelli[/ame]

On his worst night, Teddy would leave your jazz-playin' ass cowering in the corner.

- D

12. Standard 64

Standard 64 Senior Member

Matt,checked out your bio on your web page.Says you have only met(not jammed with)some players like Collins,Poole.Also you throw around some big names like Neil Young that are influences,that you have also not jammed with.Sounds like your big tour turned into a dud.Now your playing weddings.With that slow boring music you play you should have no problem and be hard up enough to get some gigs at retirement homes.Yawn.

13. ext1jdh

ext1jdh Senior Member

[​IMG]

A good friend of mine also has a degree in music. She teaches (grade school orchestra), plays gigs (at church), records her own music, and jams regularly.

As for film scores, what films? Is your name in the credits? Lets see em. It'll be cool, we can make a drinking game out of it - every time we hear your work we'll take a shot!

14. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

What's the difference between a guy with a music degree and a dead armadillo?

The dead armadillo was on his way to a gig.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

- D

15. River

River Senior Member

Mic it up! :thumb:

Honestly, I can't speak to the amps themselves. A POD through a P/A sounds just as good rattling the windows as it does through headphones, though - for that I can vouch. I play mine through a small P/A with a 15" woofer and horn. I'd invite y'all over for Rolling Rock and a sound test, complete with BB's Bassman - but I don't cotton to violence in the house. :)

16. b-squared

b-squared Banned

That got a belly-laugh out of me. :lol:

Matty, if you want to hear my playing, that's fine--I'll see what I can do; however--how about if I get a local jazz guy here to lay down a couple of hot tracks through my Pod? It might take a week to get everyone together to record, but I could probably make it happen.

BB

17. dem00n

dem00n Senior Member

Herp Derp!

18. soulssky

soulssky Member

I think we're going to need Mel and stranger to get in the same room for one of these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QKbnCDW94]YouTube - Crossroads (1986) duel[/ame]

19. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

20. River

River Senior Member

:laugh2:

I call rhythm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.