Why no love for the Line 6?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Big Mark, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

I thought Matty's original comment was pretty mild compared to some of the opinionated but utterly ignorant gobshite I read on here. Which is not to say I agree with him, but hey, this all seems to have become a bit personal...

2. Jason

Jason Senior Member

I believe it started when Matt alluded that that anyone who likes Line 6 stuff is ignorant and inferior. Oh well, not much to see here anymore.

3. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

Mea culpa, to a point.

It was Sunday, I was bored. He pushed, I pushed back.

I won't impugn the guy's playing. He's obviously pretty accomplished, my hat is off to him doing the hard work to get to that point.

I hope he's happy doing what he does. He can think what he wants about me. I'm okay with that.

- D

4. Skintaster

Skintaster V.I.P. Member

I don't think anyone really objected to his opinion about Line 6, lots of people don't like modeling technology. It was his "better than thou" "Know more than you" attitude that rubbed other people the wrong way.

I'm sure that the experience/accomplishment level of forum members ranges from "just beginning" to "experienced pro". It's lame to assume that one is more accomplished than someone else when there's no evidence other than a difference in opinion.

5. mudfinger

mudfinger Thanks for the memories. V.I.P. Member

Just funnin' Splat. :thumb:

6. Tuya Customs

Tuya Customs Senior Member

You just don't get it do you. You didn't just rip PODS (I actually agree with you there). You came off as a total prick saying it. I don't care if you're Eric Clapton, if you act like a prick you'll get treated like one. Your whole "I'm more accomplished than you, thus your opinion is incorrect" mentality is childish. If I were you I'd back off and apologize.

7. BigBadWolf1171

BigBadWolf1171 Senior Member

Ive never had the chance of using Line 6 /pod. Im a total gear nut so i found this thread interesting until the derailment,then it got even better! While i didnt find matty's first comment all that offending, more of just his (highly sought-after) opinion.But like any floodgate the longer it stays open the more(arrogance) floods out.I mean really, who gives a shit what your monetary gains are from your playing? Looking for a pat on the back?(those wedding gigs have carry good bragging rights) Wow you got better equipment then alot of guys here... Did ya want a cookie or something? Ill throw this out there but not directly at you Matty,(but you should really REALLY pay attention).Great gear doesnt make a great player.. a great player makes the gear great.I listened to your stuff, no doubt you're a good player,not my style of music but real good none the less.With that said, ive heard better with obvious lesser gear(and arrogance).Ill follow that up by saying its my opinion that god ruined a perfect asshole by putting teeth in your mouth.

rock on Wedding singer..

8. b-squared

b-squared Banned

I'm closing the thread.

The OP's question was answered, and the thread got way off topic.

If Matty wishes to open another thread to continue the discussion, that's cool.

As previously mentioned, this one went ad hominem quickly. (I have a college degree too, just not in music. :D) Let's move on, and get to those guitars.

:D

BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.