Why I Will Never Ever Own a Modeling Amp

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by acstorfer, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well thank you for that cause sometimes I think I'm crazy with the replies I get.. :thumb: When one talks "signature sound" they are talking about his style more so then his tone, on that day, with that mixing board and that guitar with that EQ.

2. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

4 people like this.
  3. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I'm not swayed.:D

3 people like this.
  4. frankv

Thanks Adam.. But nothing I have said hasn't been said by others on this forum at one time or another. I just seem to constantly get counterpoints thrown out me.. There is nothing wrong with counterpoints but sometimes telling someone the sky is blue and then having a argument that it's not blue is a little ridiculous..

It's great to have discussions about all kinds of things.. But to disagree with me just because I'm Frankv is getting tiring. If you have a disagreement present the facts on your side of the point and we can debate..

Is there a real debate that film photography is history one day? No? Is there a debate that Solid State will replace all vacuum tube technology? I say no.. If SS won't I want to see why you think that way other then because old guitar players want them.

Technology marches on. Cost of production is as big or a bigger reason why things change. You will see it.. Why do you think there are less and less companies making tubes? Because they are more and more popular.. Oh Please.
    '

5. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

All I'm gonna say is look up gilmour's gear over the years, he had changed things up a few times and still sounded the same. A lot of guitarists change amps all the time, but in the end they still sound like themselves.

I will use George Lynch as the example, the man had gone from Marshall to peavey, to mesa, and back, yet he ALWAYS sounds like Lynch.

1 person likes this.
  6. Matty

Matty Senior Member

In the context of this thread a better analogy would be after Dave cut his solo for Comfortably Numb on his Strat if he did another one exactly the same with an SG and not telling a difference.

7. Pwrmac7600

After he slathered it in his trademark reverb, delay and modulation sounds, yes it probably would. Lol:naughty:

8. Pwrmac7600

I'm totally kidding of course...

9. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

2 people like this.
  10. Pwrmac7600

But oddly enough still not as many threads or posts about it as there have been about caps, pick guards, or knobs. :naughty::laugh2:

At least this topic has some merit.

2 people like this.
  11. frankv

Nice to you know were my friend.. You don't know the meaning of that word....

12. Pwrmac7600

I am just curious why you keep coming back to read it if it bothers you so? I tend to not go into threads that are discussing topics that I have no interest in, or that I feel are repetitive. Such as caps, and pots, and pick guards.

13. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

14. Pwrmac7600

I get that, but if you don't like what it turned into it is OK to walk away.

15. frankv

Because he is into censorship.. The entire thread was started by him talking about modeling. The 300 posts I made.. Thank you for following me.. I'm flattered, have been about all kinds of things that OTHER members found useful.. How do I know, because my PMs fill up with guys asking questions.

I'm gonna check and see how many times he insulted other members about talking about tube amps.. Marshall and Moonshine comes to mind. He pushes the 2204 more then anyone.. I wonder if he got a nasty gram from this dude

16. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

17. frankv

But it's not your forum or your exclusive discussions is it?

18. frankv

You are no longer my friend because friends don't berate and belittle on an open forum.

19. frankv

Not only that Adam but did you or did you not ask me in a text message what a good modeler would be to produce Orange tones when you sold your OR15... Did you or did you not because I will send that text to anyone that wants to see it. PM me phone numbers..

20. Pwrmac7600

Well this is a thread about modelers, and frank happens to own a fractal. But I believe I have also seen him post about the helix and the pod300 and 500 too. People pay about what they know, which makes perfect sense.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.