Why did YOU join MLP?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thumpalumpacus, Jul 23, 2011.

1. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

Probably some punk with a Les Paul daddy gave him. Funny he talks about "old people" and then worships pre-1975 music that he never got to experience first hand.

The definition of a poser, another 10th Street Jimmy Page! LOL... maybe Sable with a new screen name, sure has the attitude... Or maybe the clown, reincarnated! :laugh2: Could it be GreaterBurst? He's been caught so many times here posing and lying, heck, this would be something to expect from that little twerp!

Good riddance... bye bye KID!

2. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

I believe I recognize myself in tanner's first post. :D

X–Ray, Sirzach, Leendrix and 3 others like this.
  3. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Senior Member

Tanner come back. My Norlin wants to eat you. I'm a washed-up Black Flag+Zep loving poser. IT FEELS GREAT!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYbHYslZiM]‪G3 - My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama - GOOD QUALITY‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

River, LarsK, KSG_Standard and 3 others like this.
  4. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

No can do, that's Private Reserve and requires a membership fee.

your idol likes this.
  5. Strato

Strato Banned

If he can't get his maw to let him back on them.I'll suck them MF for her.Give him some ice cream money to leave the house for awhile,and let me at them knockers.8 to 80,blind,crippled or crazy,if you can't walk.I'll carry you.I except Major credit cards,cash,Debit,AFDC checks and Food stamps.No job to messy for this old man.I give back door specials to the Elderly.1-800-555-3411.7am-9pm seven days a week.

your idol likes this.
  6. 12watt

12watt Senior Member

I only came by to find out about the pickups in my Greco. I went through a beaded curtain and found myself here in the Backstage. My feet stuck to the carpet and I haven't been able to escape yet. There's been some thought provoking posts, infuriating posts and very funny moments since.

7. sonar1

sonar1 Senior Member

OOOO. Greco!

Friend of mine loves his Greco's pickups!

12watt, Thumpalumpacus and your idol like this.
  8. Indyclone

Indyclone Senior Member

I've had my LP sudio since '92... but around '99 a cat knocked it over on the stand and snapped the headstock. At the time I crudely squeezed some titebond into the crack and slapped it back together with some c clamps.

It held, and I never had a problem with it, but it didn't look so hot.

So a little over a year an a half ago I decided that I was going to refinish it... at least clean up and respray black to touch it up.

I found JSullySix's dozen or so youtube videos on his refinish of a black LP studio. He mentioned this site as a source for information.

A few months later I had a totally refinished Les Paul, with a better neck fix, ala BCR Gregg... not as pretty, but I did it myself, and gained some good experience.

I've since refinished the top of my LP to a goldtop and bought another 5 guitars, amazingly enough not a single gibson or les paul.
    Odd that a site named for the Les Paul would encourage me to buy a Telecaster and a Hamer. :)

9. Ed Zeppeli

Ed Zeppeli Senior Member

Hey, I remember DennisTruckdriver too!

10. your idol

your idol Senior Member

See youre funny man. You got it all figured out. Im not butthurt because i dont fit a single one of your stereotypes at all. Im a lil turned off that a) you took liberty to trash a whole group of good guys b) you didnt bother to post up your mad skillz c) you said goodbye like 5 posts ago and still havent left .

I mean your lil bullshit 4chan troll post was cute n all but man if you dont dig it run along. Its your type that comes around gettin all the old folks blood pressure up in the forums because you can hide behind your cute lil avatar. Real of the matter is a lil peckerwood like you would see these guys play and not talk two words of that garbage because you know that old man strength would womp you and knock your dick in the dirt.

Just stop being a dick to the guys who didnt do a thing to provoke you. If you cant just beat it. Its that easy.

On a friendlier note... Theres bigger better trolls who still get along here and theyve all learned something here.

Tim Fezziwig, River, LarsK and 7 others like this.
  11. Ed Zeppeli

Ed Zeppeli Senior Member

I think I was looking for information on the Limited Colours Edition LPs of which I have one.

I tried posting in 2003 on Les Paul Forums but didn't get much information. Seven years later I tried again but this time I found MLP.

I discovered an active site with lots of interesting members from all walks of life and a crapload of information on Les Pauls.

Take some time and answer the newbies' "stupid' questions as they may be great contributors sometime not too far down the road.

:D

12. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

hahahahahah, you win the thread for that, motherfvcker. Also, you've got three DVDs overdue, and you need to turn them in before your wife gets wise by scanning the Visa bill.

That's what really offended me. By judging my trolling ability by bannage, he's short-selling me. A truly talented troll never gets banned; a truly talented troll can do a foxtrot with a black hole.

13. Ed Zeppeli

Ed Zeppeli Senior Member

:laugh2:

Limited Colours Edition - Les Paul Forum

And my user name? I saw some guy wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt under an unbuttoned dress shirt. The dress shirt cut off the first and last letters. I like Zep but I'm not a fanatic about them.

It's always available now matter where I sign up so I stuck with it since at least '03. :D

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  14. riffsmachine

riffsmachine Senior Member

I was lurkin' around for some gibby guitar's infos and i'd founded a Greg's extreme Sg repair thread. Then i'd founded the Norlin "subforum".......and all the rest

:rock:

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  15. Username1

Username1 Senior Member

When i was shopping around for my first high end git the questions i googled mostly were answered here-- so i joined.

i would have never thought that a les paul standard was chambered-- i would have never given two goddamns about 'flame' topped guitars, but after talking shop got boring, i found

THE BACKSTAGE

i love hanging out online with you fine gentlemen and ladies when i'm online, and i like talking about random, weird, and interesting things with guitar players

16. DRF

DRF Senior Member

Yeah the black background is nice,although my lettering is bright green.

I joined because at the time the luthiers section seemed...I dunno...uncluttered?. Backstage has kept me checking in because I value some of the members outlook on things and events.

17. ext1jdh

ext1jdh Senior Member

Punch and pie.

I got screwed on that deal.

18. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

This c*nt :lol: and Boleskinehouse.:applause:

AXE, Tim Fezziwig, Leendrix and 2 others like this.
  19. KSG_Standard

KSG_Standard Senior Member

Is Boles still kicking around somewhere? How about Bubby? I heard a rumor that Boles is playing Hello Kitties exclusively now...and that he's gone full on country.

20. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

What was that country band he was always dreaming about? The Oakridge Boys??? I heard he just spends his days ripping off their country licks!:thumb:

....on a f*cking telecaster!:naughty: