Why did YOU join MLP?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thumpalumpacus, Jul 23, 2011.

1. duck2k

duck2k Senior Member

Seemed like a good idea at the time.:)

2. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

They were hiring.

X–Ray and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  3. Shagnwagon

Shagnwagon Senior Member

I was bored in my Astronomy class :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  4. Strato

Strato Banned

I was using Google to find some information on a guitar and seen a thread from here with a fellow crying over his old lady leaving him.One thing lead to another and before the evening was over,the gloves came off,I made a couple of friends and have been hooked ever since.

5. stmfitr636

stmfitr636 Senior Member

I wanted to build a body for a Sonex gibby that a friend gave me... so I could regift him a bolt-on Burst. Didn't get a single response but saw a lot of peeps viewing and thought I'd stick around. I need to be entertained constantly.

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  6. SLewis

SLewis Senior Member

Googled how to change pickup covers and one of the links sent me here. Looking at all of the pictures of everyone's beautiful guitars got me signed up.

7. BigAl

BigAl Senior Member

Well... I was actually referred to MLP by colchar, when I'd met him in person by accident in a music shop. I had just acquired my first LP, and being a Norlin era LP Custom, I wasn't sure about the specs. I saw some guy (who ended up being colchar) who looked like he knew what he was talking about when speaking to the sales guy, so I thought I'd approach them and join the conversation. He didn't know the answer to my question, but he'd referred me to MLP, because he said I would definitely find answers there...

1000+ posts later, here I still am... and loving it! :D

8. Lungo

Lungo Senior Member

I joined MLP after getting my 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded which is my first Les Paul. Initially I googled for tuners but found a wealth of knowledge here on pots, caps, and pickups. Now my LP has locking tuners, GregWinds, and a re-wire kit from RS Guitarworks. This winter I bought my second Gibson which is a VOS 1958 TV Junior. Thanks MLP for feeding my GAS!

9. LarsK

LarsK Senior Member

I was looking for Kayak reviews but somehow ended up here..and bought a LP instead.

10. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

I had joined a few years ago as I had always been a lurker and just wanted an account. It wasn't until last year when I bought some pickups from BB that he told me about this place which I already knew about and I decided to finally start posting here instead of just lurking. But I've seen a lot of stuff on this board, I remember all of the "classics" if you will. :D

11. Bluesyzep

Bluesyzep Senior Member

Because as an admitted Epiphone owner the Les Paul forum wanted me to pay to use the back door entrance.:wow: Something to that effect anyway. It was a long time ago.

12. tanner1

tanner1 Banned

got an lp, hoping to improve my guitar playing..signed up..regrettred it..

instead of learning anything, i was greeted by blues guitar player till you die wannabees who can't play shit....80's rocker losers, holding court..kids who don't know shit..pretending to know shit..any music made after 1975 sucks a holes..slash and jimmy page fanboys.3 chord a$$ mongrels who's pretending not to know theory, when in fact they do they just want to look cool"i play from the heart man!! my ass...defensive epiphone users, yes epiphone suck balls..deal with it ha ha..

this forum is like guitarworld magazine and the les paul forum guitarplayer magazine..

adios muchacos!!:):dude:

13. LarsK

LarsK Senior Member

Haha..f*ckhead. . Chuckles. . Quit drinking early in the day.

14. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

Hey kid......gimme your booze before ya leave.

15. Nicky

Nicky On The Road Less Traveled Premium Member

I thought that was you! :dude:

16. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

Just came here to ask some questions, learned a lot, decided to share what I know.... and there's some pretty good people here too!

17. River

River Senior Member

[​IMG]

18. GuitarToneFreak

GuitarToneFreak Senior Member

I've loved LPs all my life, and found this place often through Google searching questions I had. Most of the people seemed friendly and it seemed like a great community. Joined up after a couple months of lurking and couldn't be happier. Absolutely love it here :dude:

19. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

I joined in September 2008. I will admit, I was a bit of a dumb nut when I joined, but I have made quite a few good friends here. :)

I think what did it for me, is at the time I was learning about guitars. Not music theory, but I just wanted to learn about the instrument. My Dean VX was my test dummy and I learned a lot about the guitar in all corners with that axe. I took the neck off, learned about pickups and wiring, intonation, neck adjustments (granted I'm not good at setting a guitar up quite yet). But in my quest to learn more about it, I always ran across a thread on MLP, and then I finally joined. I was twelve! :laugh2:

onehippie and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  20. eraxis

eraxis Banned

my les pauls made :naughty: me to do it...i can hear them in my head!!