Why did YOU join MLP?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thumpalumpacus, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

A while back a neighbor of my son's mom who plays came over while I was house sitting for her -- she's got dogs and a cat needing feeding and was out of town for a couple of weeks. Of course I took my guitar and amp over there and was out in the garage when he came over. We had a couple of brews and jammed a little, he had a beautiful wine Norlin LPC, and when we finished he ran back to his place and came back with a plastic baggie.

No buds in there ... but what he called a "PAF", a BB of some sort, and a 498T. Of course I knew the PAF, if that's what it was, was worth a boatload, but he wouldn't hear my protests and insisted I take it. When I got home I looked up some stuff and saw them going for a couple of grand on eBay, and this site too came up in my search.

I poked around a little and saw one hell of a lot of smarts going on, along with a good dollop of being a big jerk, and that kinda told me that this was my kinda place. I opened a thread asking about the pups and got some good advice, especially from member Dr Distortion, who recommended that I wait and see what I thought of the pups in my [then-new] Faded SG before doing any mods.

Mostly, I saw that this fvckin' place rocks. Reading posts by Neo, KSG, Slacky, FennRX, and many many others got me hooked. Although I'm a mod at another site, over the last six months MLP has gotten a greater part of my on-line time. Thanks, guys!

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Now it's your turn: tell us your story of how you got sucked into this zodiac timewarp.

eta: I almost forgot to mention: Muchas gracias a mi amigo "Machina Liberdad" para la pensamiento..

2. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Because I wanted to know how to set up my Epi LP special II :laugh2:

MrMoolah, jlu52, Redstone and 8 others like this.
  3. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

I love LPs, I tried the Les Paul Forum, didn't take to it, came here and felt right at home

4. KP

KP Senior Member

In April 2008, I bought my first LP. Wanting to know more about them, I Googled and found this place. I have been here ever since. There are a few assholes here, but for the most part some really good people. I have had the opportunity to meet a few folks from here and it was great.

mrfett, Mordor, Thermionik and 5 others like this.
  5. Thermionik

Thermionik Not Fade Away Premium Member

i
    needed
    to know the
    answer to the age old
    question - pick guard ON / pick guard OFF..... i keeed, i keed
    I got a mini ban on the Gibbous forum and wanted LP answers - here seemed like a good start, and stop.

Dick Banks, ed1996, MrMoolah and 7 others like this.
  6. Malikon

Malikon ジャンプアップ V.I.P. Member

Because I love LP's. Didn't post too much when I joined because there were some pretty active trolls who seemed to live on the board, shi*ting in every thread.

Lately though I've come to like this place a lot more, the diversity, and some of the very cool people.

You get real diversity here, both good and bad.

mrfett, Mindfrigg, Thermionik and 5 others like this.
  7. Nicky

Nicky On The Road Less Traveled Premium Member

I joined just to piss you off! :thumb:

Mordor, ed1996, jrjoblin and 11 others like this.
  8. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

i joined because guys on the gibson forum recommended it. I used to love discussing guitars and music. But at this point, I think all i can say about the LP has been said.

ed1996, Leendrix, Skintaster and 4 others like this.
  9. Roberteaux

Roberteaux Alien Hominid V.I.P. Member

I joined because I saw that there were eons of experience to be found in the form of multiple members who have been playing guitar since the dawn of time. I wanted to be a good player, and I knew that all sorts of things would be made clear to me simply by reading what things were being said by the experienced guys.

And I was right. I learned a lot from this site.

--R

McCloud9, jlu52, onehippie and 8 others like this.
  10. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Senior Member

thump joined in Jan 2010. I really didn't post much. I was reading a Boles' thread and found the BackStage . I never thought about the Backstage? Free -form bullsh@t ! I'm in.

I first visited teletalk and everything SG. Tele was alright. Fezzi didn't "fly" there. Alot of WTFS! People always want to TRASH this place. There HAS been some WEAK days. It happens. Most of us are one trick ponies. or poneys? ponies! WTF! It has been really FUNNY here with ALL types of threads.

Neo has been talking guitars. Enjo identity and self> Skin brings ALL DAY! liberty+hack+wreck =Stamina. Mdub lit a "fire' in me two straight two hour jams<2000 amDx Strat and my ACE-burst. Speakin of Ace . long live EASY ACE! MLP- Me Loves to Pander!:wave: I hope iIanswered the question. I MAKE MY OWN HEAD SPIN!:shock: I miss BuddyBall!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFO8lZuvb0]&#x202a;The Fog Bowl&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/ame]

jlu52, Redstone, Thermionik and 9 others like this.
  11. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

I joined MLP only to get help with a wiring problem.
    I posted in the wrong forum, and was made aware of that mistake immediately.
    Nobody answered my plea for info before I figured it out on my own. Before deleting my membership account, I browsed around the site and finally dropped in The BACKSTAGE.
    I read some Slacky and NeoConMan posts and figured that I'd hang out for a few more days. Immediately I discovered that alot of people here are like my "real" friends....brutally honest muther fuxckers that will punch ya in the balls when ya aint lookin'.

:slash:

12. flquacker

flquacker Senior Member

2 google questions.....answered!

What's a Dumble?

How to sound like Slash?

:slash: :D

13. bildozr

bildozr Deliberately Obtuse V.I.P. Member

I got my first Les Paul, googled "Les Paul mods" came across this site and I registered.

Leendrix and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  14. Skintaster

Skintaster V.I.P. Member

I bought my first Les Paul after four or five years without one, and while researching the models/features, this site kept coming up.

I joined initially just to learn more about Les Pauls and Gisons in general. Even though I'd played and owned a bunch for many years, I had no idea that some were chambered, others had swiss cheese holes... Lots of stuff I'd never heard about. For awhile, I mostly stuck to the Gibson Les Paul section, then started "exploring".

I found the "Backstage", realized that wthere were a bunch of really cool people there, and so here I am today. :D

15. Skintaster

Skintaster V.I.P. Member

I bought my first Les Paul after four or five years without one, and while researching the models/features, this site kept coming up.

I joined initially just to learn more about Les Pauls and Gisons in general. Even though I'd played and owned a bunch for many years, I had no idea that some were chambered, others had swiss cheese holes... Lots of stuff I'd never heard about. For awhile, I mostly stuck to the Gibson Les Paul section, then started "exploring".

I found the "Backstage", realized that wthere were a bunch of really cool people there, and so here I am today. :D

ledzepp2122, xKoBiEx and Roberteaux like this.
  16. kidmo

kidmo Senior Member

I lost a bet...

17. KSG_Standard

KSG_Standard Senior Member

This is only the second forum I've ever been on (Gibson's forum was my first)...I got invited over here by AXE and this forum was a klownz free zone at the time so I started hanging out and found some funny and interesting folks to spend some time with.

18. KSG_Standard

KSG_Standard Senior Member

19. kidmo

kidmo Senior Member

Cause all the cool kids were doing it! :dude:

Tim Fezziwig and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  20. longan

longan Senior Member

I was building a les paul kit (which I have fxcked up since then) and I liked the place so I stayed

Thumpalumpacus likes this.