Why are people so damn LAZY!!!! Work related rant!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by v8ko, Nov 24, 2008.

1. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

Ok so I get to work this morning from a very peaceful day off watching football and just well relaxing from a tough week. I walk into the store and NOTHINGS been done. I mean less than nothing, it appears that whatever was left over from Saturday didnt even get accomplished on Sunday.

When Im at work I make sure that whatever I start I finish, whatever I take in trade or cash gets cleaned and put away or gets displayed. Theres some F-IN trash on the floor, things scattered about...you know like you walk by something accidentally knock it over but just keep walking!!?!?!?!?!

Place wasnt cleaned, counters werent wiped down AARRGGHHHHH. Im going to have a LONG LONG talk with the weekend crew thats a fact! Dont you just hate lazy ass mo-fos. Honestly time goes by faster when your working....
    So hows your morning starting out? :) :laugh2: :hmm:

Jody likes this.
  2. LazyDays

LazyDays Senior Member

:shock: I looked at the subject quick and thought this was going to be about me. :shock: Don't scare me like that. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Carry on....

:laugh2:

3. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

Who says its not?:cool: :hmm:

4. LazyDays

LazyDays Senior Member

:laugh2: Well, I don't work in your store for starters. :laugh2:

Let's see...what HAVE I done today? :hmm: :shock: You may be right. :p

5. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

Brother thanks, feeling better already!!!:dude:

6. AXE

AXE Six String Soldier V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]

7. LongBeach

LongBeach Premium Member

Yes, its irritating. My field crews (not all, but most) are the laziest bunch I've
    ever met. They spit sunflower seed shells in the floorboard of the work trucks,
    leave rotting foot inside trucks, newspapers flung everywhere.

1 guy was the "root" of the sunflower ordeal. So, I had my shop guy sweep all
    the shells out of the work truck and into a bucket, took it out back to his personal
    truck, and tossed them on his floorboard.

He keeps his personal truck locked now?

8. AXE

AXE Six String Soldier V.I.P. Member

Bloody hell!!! What kind of field work do they do!?!?!?!?:shock:

9. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

Sounds like they harvest.....sunflowers.

Back in the day I had a crew of 8-10 guys and usually there was always that one extra lazy bastard that slowed everyone else down. I used to get so irritated back then...on top of it the owner of the company would rag me about these a-holes he hired.... Id get so mad I would punch out my trucks windshield and claim road hazard. In a four year span I have no idea how many windshields I punched out haha.

Im very mellow these days, some say to mellow.

10. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Blimey!........Me too.......[​IMG]

I always thought that manual labour was a Spanish bullfighter.[​IMG]

11. LazyDays

LazyDays Senior Member

First I'm Hazy, now I'm Brother. What's going on? :laugh2:

And Axe, you're right, I did at least do that this morning. :applause:

Phil...manual labour...:lol:

12. LongBeach

LongBeach Premium Member

13. LongBeach

LongBeach Premium Member

oops, lol, food, not foot.

Commercial glass installers (glaziers)
    and really just lazy pigs. it's not there personal
    vehicle, so, they dont care.

14. Hemply

Hemply Senior Member

Unfortunately, more than lazy work habits are wide-spread.

I'm like you, I go into my office, I know what needs to be done, I get it done. That's what I am being paid to do so that is what I do, work, perform my job description to the very best of my abilities ensuring continuity.

I have worked with some seriously lazy non-working mofo's, and most of the time end up doing their work for them anyway since it NEEDS to be done, or else none of us will work.
    I recently started working for the Federal Government. Within my first 4 hours on my very first day I was able to deduce that Federal Employees have two work speed's... SLOW and RETARDED, at least where I am.
    For "Orientation" I was handed a stack of paper work to read and told there were a few "Quizzes" at the end of each section, then I as left alone for 8 hours when they then returned to pick up the paper work... no one to ask a question if I needed to? Taking the quizzes I found the same question not repeated twice but three times verbatum, in a row! Of course there were at least 30 different people who were paid large sums of cash to put this paper work and "quiz" together... wonder where your tax doallars are going?:rolleyes:

I'm a Therapist so my job is basically 3% patient interaction and 97% paper work... I don't even want to get into the amount of paper work that is needed with this new gig!:shock:

What's coming out into the work force these days has no sense or urgency, or sense of anyting else but themselves... very scary!:laugh2:

15. jeff_farkas

jeff_farkas Senior Member

WOW :wow::wow: Glad it's not me. But I'm not that bad thank God! LOL Oh and my day went great. How did your whole day go??

Jeff

16. Jody

Jody Senior Member

I'm dealing with it right now...I get a 4 day weekend a month off (thats the only weekend off for me).and I'm starting to hate it,my first day back sucks cuz I have to make up for those 4 days(nobody does sh%t) yes it stress' me..all I can tell myself is Im lucky to have a job (but thats sarting not to work antmore)so I leave it up to MLP to bring down the blood pressure...lol

17. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

Jeff thanks for asking....my day went from bad to worse haha. I guess sometimes you should let the little things slide by because you might just be in for an avalanche.

Yeah right vacation. It takes me 3-4 days to just really relax when Im on vacation knowing what kind of sh*T Ill have in store when I get back...then a couple relaxing days...then back to thinking about the store.

But if I didnt like what my day to day is I would just start another business or get a real job. Just a vent day.

18. v8ko

v8ko Senior Member

My bro works for the FAA and he used to complain to me about all the dumbass people he had to put up with. The government was hiring not by how qualified you were but more concerned about affirmitaive action. On the bright side when your working next to a bunch of lazy mo-fos you can really shine and in a perfect world get promoted faster.

I understand this is going to sound like some kind of crazy BS but my bro has actually hopped on a plane, flown to an airport thats having system problems only to find the new equipment not COMPLETLY plugged in. lazy, lazy , lazy.

19. Hemply

Hemply Senior Member

I found out soon enough that the best way to get away from these lazy morons was to go into private practice. Granted not something everyone can do but now when I work for someone else it's "under contract". I ALWAYS make sure I have an "out" when I negotiate a contract. If I find that I am stuck with a stupid, lazy staff, all I have to do is give 30 days notice and it's... NEXT!:laugh2:

I didn't think the story you told me about your bro and the FAA is B/S, not by a long shot. Funny how I had a completely different view of government employees before I actually started working with them!:laugh2: I also have a buddy who just started working for the FAA, he write's program. Now I'm not saying there is something wrong with people who work for the FAA but my bud just bought this...

[​IMG]

:laugh2:

20. mikemack

mikemack Senior Member

When I was 16 I had 2 jobs during the summer and 1 during the school year. I worked my but off! Now I cant even get my daughter to get job. work = paying bills extra work =extra toys, movies, out to eat etc. They dont get it.