Who wants a modeling amp sub-forum?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Dec 7, 2015.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I'll tell you guys. Mike sold me a Johnson J Station. Man was that a great piece. For those that want to try a quality modeler without the price, check one out.

[​IMG]

Long discontinued, you can get them cheap on ebay/reverb

2 people like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Its done.. I tried to stop it in a PM. He decided to continue it

3. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Frank My Friend. You are too good of a guy to allow yourself to get dragged into the mud. Be the Bigger Man. I know that you are. I can't speak for others, but I would not be surprised to see other peeps here echo my sentiment.

And for the record, this thread is not ruined. Just like mine, let's have fun here (I started to spell it "hear" :laugh2:)

Lots of us enjoy "giving you the business" because you're a GREAT guy.

Rock on Brotha. In a sense, everyone's favorite and loved Frank is the same guy--buying and flipping gear!!! :naughty:

4. frankv

Then there is this incredible piece from the late 90's If you can find one of these for say $400. Buy it. Seriously and without doubt this was 10 years ahead of its time. It has incredible models inside and for tube lovers it has a tube preamp section. For those of you that want to turn a real knob... you can. Midi? Yes..

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. frankv

I don't tolerate nonsense too well. I don't appreciate snide, backhanded remarks. It's not my nature. I am a passionate hard headed Italian that bends over backwards for guys on this forum. I pay money to support this place. I don't need the agravation.... No one says we can't disagree with one another. It's just a lack of respect in how it's done that causes problems.

Comments are made from time to time about my flipping of gear. Fact is I am a guitar and Amp tech and fix and sell stuff I find so I can buy stuff I want.. To be attacked as a gear flipper with no real opinions on things is not something I take lightly

4 people like this.
  6. cherrysunburst00

Hey, I'm I-talian too! :thumb: and I know you bend over backwards to help people. That's 1 of many reasons why you're such a good guy.

In fact, I've actually seriously thought about starting a "Why I like frankv" thread :laugh2:

2 people like this.
  7. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Senior Member

Man I'll tell you.....I'm in for this sub-forum idea. I can't tell you how many modeling clips I've seen in this place just get buried after 200 views and one reply while yet another 'guard on or off' thread runs 12 pages lol...no offense to the guard guys, but it'd be nice to have this all in one place to see it. Lolly's clips, Frank's and Mike's, patches and preset sharing, etc....didn't think I'd ever see it on MLP but it'd be cool.

4 people like this.
  8. frankv

Please.. no more threads with my name in it.... Thx.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  9. cherrysunburst00

Ohhh-kaaaaay :(

1 person likes this.
  10. frankv

So much better then boring tube amps right... ?

Now you must know I say "boring tube amps" to get a rise out of some, right ?

But its true... they are so freaking boring... and ya know what? Many know it. Hahahahah

11. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

One day I'll get my dream amp and be done forever. It's a boring tube amp too....:thumb:

3 people like this.
  12. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

I'm in and would contribute. I have 3 modelling amps, a modelling guitar and a POD-HD500X.

3 people like this.
  13. frankv

It will only be a dream until you get it. Then it will truly be a boring amp. You will most likely end up thinking that its no bether then what you have.

You are a stubborn one Iron..hahahahahah..... But I do believe you will come around .

1 person likes this.
  14. frankv

You saw my post about Steve Howe from Yes using a POD 500 on tour? Says it's how he makes his sound.... youtube Steve Howe rig rundown.

15. frankv

Last post for the night. It's a little story if I may...

So I sold my AXE and I'm waiting for my new AXE to show up. It will be a week. So now that I sold everything I only have my Super Champ here waiting to be shipped. Luckily it is here cause all I have beyond that is a Pandora headphone device and I hate headphones past like 10 minutes.

So tonight I plugged in and boy does it sound great.. I play it for about 20 minutes and start wondering just how boring being stuck with just this one basic tone is. When you only have one or two basic tones you don't know any better...but when you have access to a Fractal boy does that change things in a big way. Being able to dial up anything you could ever want is so liberating.... I cringe when I see guys asking what amp to buy when the answer is no amp... I think it's one thing to read about it... and completely another to experience it.

1 person likes this.
  16. cherrysunburst00

KEEP THE FAITH, Iron, KEEP THE FAITH. I'm counting on you :naughty:

1 person likes this.
  17. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Nah man. Trust me. It's game over. But I've never seen one sell before. So yeah, that's the dream.

Stubborn yes, but I'm currently saving for one! So there ya go man!!:thumb:

2 people like this.
  18. cherrysunburst00

SAY it ain't so. No more tube amps???

1 person likes this.
  19. DavidRamey

DavidRamey Senior Member

So an amp that has a 12AXY phase inverter and 2 6V6 power tubes and has to be biased when the power tubes are replaced is BS? I actually own one of these amps and I have been inside the chassis and biased it when I replaced the power tubes. Maybe you should take a closer look before you call BS. The pre amp is solid state (with DSP) right up to the phase inverter, then the rest of the amp is tube right up to the output transformer. No sales BS but FACT!

20. frankv

Well, if you are talking about a Dumble or Trainwreck.... I have presets... hahaha.. Don't worry, the second you get one, you will have an email with 500 presets...:thumb:

3 people like this.