Who uses an amplifier stand?

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by acstorfer, Jul 23, 2011.

1. joshatatlasstands

joshatatlasstands MLP Vendor

I'll be happy to get you a demo after the SEGAS show for a super low discount. Should be in mid Oct.

2. captain tightpants

captain tightpants Banned

You have piqued my interest. PM me more info, if you would please?

3. joshatatlasstands

will do, gotta get some down time first though. dragging ass tonight and the kids are not cooperating with bedtime...

4. captain tightpants

Lord, I know how that is:laugh2: I wanna go to bed, but I have to wait for the oldest girl to get back from her away volleyball game.

5. joshatatlasstands

I should have several of the stand you are interested in ready for demo clearance after the show my friend. I'll get with you before i put them up on the website for clearance. That will be several weeks from now so no rush tonight, I still need them for the expos in Raleigh and LA before I can sell them to the public. You'll get 1st dibs captn.

Josh

6. captain tightpants

That suits me just fine, I'll need to save up a little for a bit anyhow. God willing I don't have anymore car repairs to pay for for a while.

Thanks for the offer, Josh, and the name is Jason :wave:

7. joshatatlasstands

gotcha!:wave:

8. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

Oh, I pulled out the stand and all for an audition yesterday. PERFECT (well, the stand was perfect anyway, I sucked! Well, actually I got the list about 2 AM the morning of the tryout. WTF, WTF, WTF???!!!)! The band I tried out for soundman wouldn't shut up about how perfect the amp's positioning was. And I got to say, it was a freaking pleasure having everything pretty much ready to go.

Thanks Josh!

Now all I need is my power conditioner to finish it all up! Shame, I went into a pawn shop and they had a Furman, same dimensions. Unfortunately, the model had no surge protection. WTF? Oh well, probably just order one next month.

9. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

Nostatic

The poster I was responding about their economic circumstances was you. You made a remark about the amp stand costing as much as a backup guitar. Now, if you knew how reasonably priced the stands are, you would know just how crappy a guitar your backup would have to be. Now do you get it rockstar? :)

I kind of thought you'd have figured it out, but if I recall correctly you aren't exactly too bright. Sorry, next time I'll try to be a little clearer for you. Or you can just shut up? Or better yet, continue on, but try to be constructive. State your views, it's a public forum and of course you are welcome here. If you contribute positively, good things happen. Heck, because of you, Josh made a build to show just how lightweight his stands could be. Kudos!

Ha! Do you think knocking my guitar is a problem for me? Like I said, have at me, just don't libel anyone for their creativity.

Sorry, I had to respond Josh. :(

It bothers me when people libel your work by posting that it is outrageously expensive. I guess it's just easier to be a hater when you don't bother knowing what you are talking about?

10. NoStatic

NoStatic Banned

There just arent enough face palms for this post.

I made no such remarks. You are either a fool or a liar. Which?

Out of Christian charity, I will extend to you the benefit of the doubt, but as with your pirate friend and his loose grasp of the facts, I wont hold my breath waiting for an apology from you either.

And really, unless you have any more completely untrue claims to make, I wish Josh the best with his light weight version-glad to be of help- and you acstorfer, every success in your future endeavours.

PS- please look up 'libel'.

11. joshatatlasstands

I've moved on...lightweight is now old school:)

Definition of LIBEL

a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone

a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Such as calling my honest efforts to better the musical realm "IKEA"

Amp Stand: 1. a device that supports an amplifier. 2. a coordinated uprising of amplifiers against a devise that suppresses a community of amplifiers.

ext1jdh likes this.
  12. NoStatic

NoStatic Banned

LOL, well Josh my severable defenses would be 1) opinion- based on the cosmetic resemblance to the fine products of IKEA, 2) that comparison to the most successful furniture company in the world is hardly derogatory, and 3) fair criticism or review 4) that your business has in fact benefited greatly from the comedy exhibited in this thread.

It would be a case that set legal precedent for anyone who comments commercially on anything. If you won it, the raisson d’ĂȘtre of motoring magazines for example, would cease to exist. And BTW, your stands wouldnt look IKEA if they were black. Flat black. Rock.

But I hope your asctofer reads your definition though.

The irony and sheer "fail", as the kiddies say, in his post is almost…... overwhelming. Given me a laugh today.

Now really, thats it, Im out. This is just silly.

13. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

You are absolutely right! You did not make the cost of the unit crack. That was someone else and I was wrong. In this case, I plead fool. In the initial post, where you really did quote me out of context, you were implied to be the other person. These things happen when people decide to start absurd arguments when things are posted a month ago. Sorry, I have a life so I guess I didn't remember the exact details of something, that frankly isn't all that important.

You have yourself a happy little life as well. And remember, one day you will find happiness and you will be able to put all your hate and negativity behind you.

I will pray for you my friend :)

14. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

He's right Josh. The libel remark was meant for the idiots claiming your amps cost more than their guitars and such. Nostatic, as far as I can see, never remarked on your pricing.

The libel remark should never been used for him.

He is going away now. He said he was done, well he actually said that several times, but let us be done. Now he can focus his attention on being a good, productive, charitable and talented man. Now we can focus our attention on similar goals as we pray for his physical, spiritual and mental well being.

15. NoStatic

NoStatic Banned

Just a post to acknowledge your graciousness acstorfer. I didn’t quote you out of context, in the interests of brevity and the dear reader’s time, I snipped your post for your reference. It’s a bit confusing why, after I later posted your full text and context, you directed a litany of insults at me- but oh well, let bygones be bygones.

Anyway, given your apology -and Im quite sure you really are not a fool, btw- I assume that all those insults you flung my way are also retracted. They must be after all, because I didn’t make the post. Ipso facto.

But this brings us back to the original point- and here Im sorry to say I have to have a little nitpick. Is it cool, really, to pick on someone over their economic position? That poor kid may have been from France or Brunei or somewhere and may never be able to afford a Gibson guitar or an amp stand or a Boss pedal. I think- and its just a suggestion- you might owe him a little apology too? WWJD?

Anyway, just something for you to ponder.

Thanks for your prayers. I really do appreciate that.

NS

16. joshatatlasstands

Is "flung" really a word? If so it sure sounds funny.

Definition of FLUNG

past and past participle of fling

Rhymes with

bung, dung, hung, lung, pung, rung, tongue, tung, young

Next Word in the Dictionary: flunk (verb)
    Previous Word in the Dictionary: flump (noun)

NoStatic, no hard feelings, from here, wish you only the best.

Jason, I'll PM you my email in a second.

Acstorfer, love the new HRDR,

You all rock!

Josh

17. joshatatlasstands

PM sent.

18. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

Yeah, you did post me out of context nostatic. The point of my post was clear. It was meant for the person(s) who spread lies claiming that Josh's stands cost more than people's amps and guitars. It was meant for people who falsely claim that all of Josh's amps are $800.00 + dollars.

My post was to state those claims are untrue. While Josh can make an amp stand in that price range, which must be magnificent, the truth is, he can and does make amp stands that start under $200.00. I really don't know if you are truly misunderstanding me, or if you just get off stirring sh*t?

Please don't try to give me a sermon about putting people's gear down. This thread was started to (1) try to inform people about the importance of amp stands, (2) to show off my beautiful amp stand that Josh made for me, (3) to have others post their stands to demonstrate what is out there. You made what was a simple thread 10 pages. All you did was call fine carpentry dumb, ikea looking, bulky and so on. Considering what you've posted about Josh's work and my LP, do you really want to go on to claim you are trying to protect others from my pretty clear comment, saying that I am the one busting people's chops about their gear?

Truth is, thankfully you did contribute. Gave Josh some ideas, even though your intention was clearly just to put down his work. This thread gives people more opportunity to learn about amp stands and they get to see more and more of Josh's work. So again, thank you and keep em coming.

19. joshatatlasstands

My personal favorite atlas stand:D

[​IMG]

and this one is pretty cool to...:wow:

[​IMG]

:dude::applause::wow::dude::applause::wow::shock:

20. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

Ha! How much????