White Room improv and some Waves Plugins.

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Roger G Lewis, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Roger G Lewis

Roger G Lewis Senior Member

Thank You Stinky Kitty, I take your point in the spirit in which it is meant.

On the Outsider Art point, that is an interesting point. On Frameworks of Expectation these must surely rest with peoples personal frames of understanding how either can be within anyones control is lost on me. Unless that is one subscribes to the mode of conformity imposed by ´´The Experts´´
    Perhaps not a road to travel down this morning. Suffice to say I am not in the
    camp that subscribes to received wisdoms.

I have just finished reading WV Quines Twin Dogmas of empiricism and the distinction between Meaning, Naming and their roles in empirical truth claims are problematical, to put it mildly. To give it a nice little aphorism ´The Map is not the Territory´.

2. Electroman67

Electroman67 Senior Member

3. The Wedge

The Wedge Banned

Yes, but remember, I actually watched and listened to the whole thing, something most people don't usually do. Many will either skip to the middle and end or just shut it off completely when it doesn't suit their taste.

I know you are working more on tones and effects and their interactions with the notes involved along with the backing track.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, as someone already posted, what is done is done. Afterall, you did not ask for any advice, you more or less made a statement, not only with your video but with the text that went along with it.

I give credit where credit is due. You seem to be trip, in a good way. And I'd keep working on your tones and effects. Personally, I think you are using too many. Then again, my favorite guitar sound is plugged directly into a quality audio interface with zero effects. Then I work from there, from the ground up.

But what do I know?

1 person likes this.
  4. Freddy G

Freddy G V.I.P. Member

5. Roger G Lewis

Actually Wedge I agree with you, it is only because I am developing a guitar modelling pedal that I spend as much time as I do studying other plugins.
    My first love is fingerstyle Acosutic Folk music with no amplification but achieving as natural an amplified sound as possible from an acoustic is the goal. The New Zoom A3 pedal is pretty amazing and a lot cheaper than the Fishman Spectrum DI.

On Electrics I do favour single coils particularly P90's and whilst I do not own one the Fender Bassman is my favourite modelled amp and the best AMp I have plugged into to date is a Fender Twin Reverb, that includes a divided by 13, a Mad Professor and quite a few MArshalls of various stamps.and a few MAtchless amps too.

The TS808 Tube Screamer into a Bassman though is what I would go for on a desert island and if there is no electricity then my LG2 would suit just fine.

Rory Gallagher is my favorite guitarist from the blues Rock Genre but my Guitar heroes are people like Chet Atkins Jerry Reed Hank Garland and Bert Jansh. Also Howard Morgen and a host of others. The technology particularly Digital emulation is very interesting to me and My Teliax and Vax rack and Roland VG88 give me a lot of options without having to change guitar indeed owning so many guitars isn't a viable option and close enough, is more than close enough for me. Guitar is an accompaniment thing for me not something I am under any illusions of mastering to a soloist level of virtuosity.

I do gig with a band playing rhythm and often jam with other guitarists and I can do what I need to be able to do for everyone to do whatever it is they need to be doing I keep it very simple for me and I am more than aware of my limitations but enjoy doing my own small part, it is a hobby after all for me and I wouldn't do it if it brought any stress. These days I do enjoy the gigs more than I used too but do feel a little nervous but not overwhelmed and obviously one is keen to hold ones end up for Bandmates and myself of course.

I still believe that to make an omelet eggs have to be broken so pushing things sometimes to absurdity and past breaking point is a natural process after one fixes what one has broken it is usually easier to see where improvements could be made or where it is not wise to venture, perhaps this Video is a case in point, I hope so.

6. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Senior Member

Obviously.

:io:

2 people like this.
  7. Jakeislove

Jakeislove Senior Member

Keep chasing your own sound, Roger.

There are enough nerds wearing dragon pants. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Roger G Lewis

What comes out comes out Jakeislove. Must get some of those Dragon Pants:laugh2:

9. The Wedge

The Wedge Banned

LOL, who's better than Page?

10. Jakeislove

Jakeislove Senior Member

Page did a truly awesome Page.

Let Roger do Roger.

I give Roger props for putting himself out there.

11. Shadowplayer

Shadowplayer Senior Member

Love the tone man. BUT, a 5 minute solo over a great song, Kinda redundant.

12. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Senior Member

A hit of window pane and man, that song goes on forever.:thumb::shock::thumb:

13. The Wedge

The Wedge Banned

Now we're talkin!!!!

14. The Wedge

The Wedge Banned

15. Roger G Lewis

Got the camera out yet Thump, Looking forward to stealing your arrangement?

16. lǎo​wài

lǎo​wài It's All About the Maos Premium Member

That is the best Syd Barret I have ever heard, Rog.

17. Roger G Lewis

Thanks, I think. Dear old Syd , No Syd, No Floyd.

Heres my Floydy head on .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qc-d9CM8k]floydy jam - YouTube[/ame]

18. P13RCE

P13RCE Member

Um.... It's... Interesting?
    Seems too reliant on a single note and doesn't go with the song at all, but at times cool...

19. Roger G Lewis

I'll always settle for interesting P13RCE, Happy May Day.

20. Roger G Lewis

As a trip down memory lane, this point about the Grey Space was alluded to by David Bowie , referencing Marcel Du Champs and his idea that the viewer makes the picture.

https://letthemconfectsweeterlies.blogspot.se/2017/02/je-suis-fought-leader-je-habite-la-dans.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecgnKH2JRI[/ame]