Which Looper?

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by kam4ff, Jan 5, 2012.

1. kam4ff

kam4ff Senior Member

It's either the rc 2 or rc 3 or rc 20 or rc 30 or maybe one of the digitechs although I heard they are pretty digital sounding. Any recommendations?

2. brandon555

brandon555 Senior Member

I have the RC-2 and really like it. Its not digital sounding at all. It sounds just like your tone going in.

I think if your just jamming at home the RC-3 is the best bang for the buck. But if your going to gig it I'd probably go with the RC-20 or 30.

3. David Lee

David Lee Junior Member

I had an RC30. Was a bit nervous about using it for a performance, being new to loopers (I am in month 3 of playing electric guitar), but it went flawlessly.

That it was easy to use in a live performance for a newbie is saying something.

mdubya likes this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Senior Member

I do not recommend the RC-3. Average sound quality and a really heavy double-tap pedal. For the price, not the best.

5. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

I bought the cheapest one I could find at the time, the Digitech Jamman, on closeout. Less than $100. It works fine for my purposes. I can't program the drums to save my life, but I can record and store loops. I usually plug it into one amp and play or create loops, then plug my guitar into a different amp for jamming along.

I like the ability to store loops. I have about 15 or 20, and I mostly use them now, instead of creating new ones.

6. Jymbopalyse

Jymbopalyse Senior Member

How are you going to use the looper? What kind of environment are you playing in?

The new RC series are fine if you don't want to change loops during a song.
    If you have a loop for verse and a loop for chorus, there will be a slight delay switching between the two. Deal breaker for me.

I have an original RC-2 and I never had any complaints on the looped sound. My ears don't seem to be as fine tuned (or perhaps picky) as others on the forum, but I don't think you will be disappointed by the quality of sound from any of the loopers on the market today.

I have been using the Digitech Jamman Stereo and LOVE it !
    Separate switch for start and stop. Separate switch to select next or previous loop.
    No double tap needed for controls !!!!!
    I like how it operates like a 2 channel recorder and can export sound files via USB so you can create mp3's, burn it to a disc, or import into a DAW!

The Trio+ Band Creator also has a looper and it an on-board sequencer. You can create 5 different loops and then sequence them! I'm really GASSING on this right now.

7. David Lee

David Lee Junior Member

I also faced the issue of looping verse and chorus, and I found the answer in Pigtronix Infinity.

Swapped out my RC30 for the Infinity. Love the 'queue it up' function which means i can hit verse or chorus loop anytime, and the looper will know when to switch.

Love using it during performances.

8. C.J.

C.J. Senior Member

This cannot be understated.

Chilli likes this.
  9. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

EHX 720....EHX 720....EHX 720....