Whats your current fav. FUZzzz }-p

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Mookakian, Dec 21, 2017.

1. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

BTW-If anyone is keeping track, the Bling Rangemaster (germanium OC44) is my favorite this week. :yesway:

northernguitarguy likes this.
  2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Already booted the Cornish G2 clone off the board. Gotta wait until next week to unleash it. :p:)

That 'pedal in waiting' in the bottom left corner is my other new Bugg, got it sounding like a low-fi, spitty fuzz. Perfect for I Wanna Be Your Dog, and a good reflection for me on the many different sounds called 'fuzz'.
    [​IMG]

Mookakian and mdubya like this.
  3. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

:applause:

Nice! What's the black box with the 4 knobs in the lower left? Nice settings on the Bad Monkey!

northernguitarguy likes this.
  4. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

THAT is the BUGGFX Syntech Harmonic Energizer clone. That's the pedal that wants in. I started a thread about it.

Gotta make some space so I'm offering up my reverb and tremelo pedals as local trade bait. I hope to get something smaller.

That's the BM setting I use with my TT amp set at 'beginning to sizzle'. Pure early AC/DC!

mdubya likes this.
  5. joff

joff Senior Member

I have just the one fuzz now which is a JAM Pedals Fuzz Phrase...it is a germanium fuzz with CV7003 military-spec OC44 germanium transistors and carbon comp resistors...pure vintage fuzz goodness! :)

6. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

I still have my MJM Ge London Fuzz. It still sounds exactly how I want Fuzz to sound. I’ve tried to want to dive down the rabbit hole of needing more fuzz pedals, but this one has kept me so happy for so long. I can chase it with a Beano Boost and it gets more focused, almost into Bender territory. With a Strat, I’ve played the whole night with it on, and just rolled back for cleans, and nobody knew I had a freakin FUZZ pedal on. Haha. But when a held note can go from sparkly clean to all-out wool with the twist of a knob, that’s a thing of beauty.
    I’ll probably build a muff someday, if I’m bored enough, but it won’t go on the board. Just keep it as a grab and go, or build a smaller secondary board.

7. freefrog

freefrog Senior Member

My fav fuzz is still impudently my own crappy Fuzz Face clone, including vintage metal can transistors with a carefully selected hfE... The volume pot is a push pull with a resistor taming the fuzz: it makes it useable after a wah and tonally close to a Ge fuzz while it's a silicon one.

I've a Big Muff circuit modified to death but have not yet found the magic association of components to make it sound totally to my liking.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. morbidalex666

morbidalex666 Senior Member

Zvex Fuzz Factory 7 (for the crazy)
    Home built Tonebender MkII (for the classic)

9. shupe13

shupe13 Senior Member

590CE56F-44EC-459B-9196-073BD29D66A3.jpeg

mdubya likes this.
  10. FuzzyPhil

FuzzyPhil Junior Member

Really been diggin my MXR Super BadAss Variac Fuzz, don't see many people talking about it but it is BadAss for sure. Very versatile loves humbuckers.

11. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

Analogman Sun Face...it's a beast!

P1015704.JPG

Mookakian, zwiefldraader and mdubya like this.
  12. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Senior Member

Blackout Effectors Musket

I use it with a bunch of different small amps, usually stacked with other pedals. I don't know why but I don't think I've ever tried it through one of my bigger amps.

Stacked with a BD-2 into a Tweaker 15 for Gilmour noodling

Stacked with a SD-1 and a M108 into a Silvertone 1482

Stacked with a Cry Baby wah to make a sh!ty Bugera T5 sound decent.

Mookakian, Travis19 and mdubya like this.
  13. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Do you ever use the Beano for a straight lead boost into the 2204? I finally got to try my Bling Rangemaster into my 2204. I love it.

On a side note: I got the 2204 to a tech this week to get the tin can tone problems sorted.

There's nothing wrong with Silicon fuzz. Some of my favorites are silicon. I think you have to get lucky with the right germanium transistor for a Ge fuzz to sound great.

I need to investigate that further. :hmm:

Never heard of that one, but it sounds very cool. :dude: I need to check that one out, too.

zwiefldraader likes this.
  14. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

Too cool, I love the Musket. It's not a permanent fixture on my board, but it's my go-to for my metal sound when I need it (think Melvins, Neurosis..etc).

15. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter

I'm currently enjoying my new Walrus Audio "Contraband" fuzz. (Just pulled a Big Muff Pi off the board)
    4298954484093401358.jpg

16. bullnose

bullnose Senior Member

I just watched the video on Dunlop's site - I might have to check one of these out.

17. algs911

algs911 Senior Member

I have a Fulltone 70-BC FUZZ that I run in to a EHX Souldfood. Seems to be I can better control the fuzz/distortion levels using this method. I've found a very nice mix that turns the fuzz/muffled tone down a bit while still staying in that range. I really like it!

18. zwiefldraader

zwiefldraader Junior Member

that´s how I feel.

I always come back to my AnalogMan FuzzBoxes.
    The TI/UK SunFace is my alltime fave and capable of all the sounds I really need, when playing with my bluesband.

Give me a SunFace, a decent Trem and my CarlMartin Headroom Spring Reverb and I am there.

Nevertheless on my larger board the AstroTone is my AM Fuzz-to-go.

For a long time I also used the fabolous SviSound GE3.2 Fuzz.
    It´s much like a FuzzFace topology, but because of some tweaks it can be daisychained with other pedals, takes a buffered signal without losing tone or dynamic/Clean-up ability (THAT´s impressive) and sounds FAT and singing - a bit like a muffed Fuzz Face. Creamy. Mmmmmh.

s´Zwieberl

Mookakian and Travis19 like this.
  19. misterhatter6

misterhatter6 Senior Member

I'm not gonna say it's my favorite, but the only fuzz I own is a Behringer Super Fuzz. It's got 2 voicings and a boost. I want a bassy Muff, or a Bazz Fuss. Either one would serve my needs quite well.

mdubya likes this.
  20. ashbass

ashbass V.I.P. Member