What's the rarest guitar in your collection?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by dead end horror, Aug 21, 2011.

1. dead end horror

dead end horror Senior Member

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in seeing some rare guitars and thought i could open a thread about this. There are some mostly unknown manufactors and I think it would be quite cool to talk about them.

The rarest guitar I have is a Stratocaster copy from Applause (Kaman Music). the most people think about some acoustic guitars when they hear the name Applause, because they make the cheaper Ovations.
    After sending Kaman Music some questions they send me a few answers.
    My instrument was built in 1985 in Indonesia, it has a graphite neck, a vintage style tremolo, HSS configuation and was only made for about one year.
    The only information that was a bit strange for me is the year and the land, where it was built. I thought it would be an old korean instrument, made by Samick, cause the neckplate has the looking of the things they make, but it can be, that they made this guitar in a Samick factory in Indonesia, but I'm not shure if they had already a factory there in 1985.

Here are some photos of her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The_Sentry

The_Sentry Senior Member

:slash:

[​IMG]

Lefty Rist Workhorse...with a neck profile based on a Taylor 410CE. One of a kind...

[​IMG]

2 Kauer Daylighters off the 1st run. Made with mahogany...that Doug doesn't use anymore in his builds. Each are unique. The one on the right I had commissioned...it's definitley 1 of a kind...never to be duplicated again because of the circumstances involving the building and the timing of it.

[​IMG]

Even this one....1 of a kind. Kauer Hollowbody with Seymour Duncan P Rails. It's the only 1 I know of that have these equipped in 'em in this configuration...and Doug doesn't use crowns anymore on his inlays.

All of these are individual beasts....:D

(Thank you private luthiers! You rock! :dude: )

3. landonblevins1995

landonblevins1995 Senior Member

I have a B.C. Rich Warlock S.E. someting or other. Ive done some research and never found another like it. It has this metallic plate over the entire body with the black paint exposed about and inch from the edge. sorry i dont have any pics of it

4. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

The MIJ 'Northern' Les Paul Custom by Kasuga Guitars, never seen another one like it
    [​IMG]

SHERIFF, straybeat, red_bull and 6 others like this.
  5. AccustomedtoStandards

AccustomedtoStandards Senior Member

Not as rare as some of the true "one of a kind" guits in this thread, but Jem 777 LNG - one of 777.

[​IMG]

jimmyp1, Blackegg, THRILL606 and 9 others like this.
  6. __HM__

__HM__ Senior Member

^I literally sat back in my chair and repeated "That's so cool" 4 or 5 times. That is a KILLER Jem. Very nice.

canontroop likes this.
  7. AccustomedtoStandards

AccustomedtoStandards Senior Member

Thanks much! I bought it new when I was 16 with an entire summer's camp counselor salary. I had it on layaway for months!

Here's the sig (the "i" in Vai has always been a bit smeared)

[​IMG]

__HM__, Billyzakk and coldsteal2 like this.
  8. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

[​IMG]

This Goldtop. Cloud Nine. A 2004 chambered R7. Plays like a dream.

chambered-reissue.org

As far as production numbers, it's 1 of 14, fine tuned it's 1of 11 as three were darkbacks.

9. 180gROC

180gROC Senior Member

I have no idea how many teles Roman has built, but he's only one guy so I'm calling it rare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. boycey

boycey Senior Member

My 'collection' of 3 aren't exactly one offs, but ya don't see a whole heap of them around either!!
    A '77 MIJ Electra - the build quality and tone from this are incredible. Hard to get the colours to come out right, the second is more accurate, a nice oxblood to amber burst!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A cheapo Yamaha MS311 that I gutted and treated to some Lollars and new pots etc. I haven't come across another one in green so far, there's probably loads out there though!!
    [​IMG]
    And lastly 'The Spunior' - a '68 SG Junior that had a neck pickup added ala The Special. Hence, The Spunior!
    [​IMG]

straybeat, Spot, Ed Zeppeli and 6 others like this.
  11. El Toro

El Toro V.I.P. Member

That Applause is cool. Have you ever seen the neck thru Start made my JB Player? They're awesome.

12. dead end horror

dead end horror Senior Member

No, I've not seen it yet. I've never heard about JB Player. Do you have a link or a photo? I really love the looking of a Vantage or a Skylark guitar with neck thru construction.

Soon I'll have another rare one: A customized Cort X-6. This will be awesome, but could take about a month to get her back...

The Applause is a quiet cool guitar with a perfect neck and a real nice look. I really love this white/creme - black contrast.

13. Grey

Grey Senior Member

Rickenbacker 480, 32 years old next month. :) A somewhat rare guitar in it's own right with the body of a 4000-series bass, this finish called 'AutumnGlo' was only used on a handful of 480 guitars.
    It was a special finish that a dealer could call Rickenbacker and pay extra for, so only a few have surfaced for this particular model.

[​IMG]

14. Skintaster

Skintaster V.I.P. Member

Certainly not a custom built one off, but this is probably the rarest guitar I own. It's a 1983 Kramer Baretta, and there are probably only a few hundred in existence... Rare for a production guitar. They're highly sought after, being one of the first true production super strats, and were built as high quality guitars.

It has a bunch of quirky traits that were completely changed within a year, so it's considered a "grail" among Kramer collectors. I love the damn thing.

[​IMG]

Compulsor, Spot, Custom53 and 11 others like this.
  15. xbolt

xbolt Senior Member

These are somewhat rare...

55 Guild Aristocrat
    [​IMG]

72 LPC
    [​IMG]

74 20th LPC
    [​IMG]

81 Dean E'lite Caddy
    [​IMG]

80s Performance Strat
    [​IMG]

80s Signature Crusader, Oracle & Visionary
    [​IMG]

90s Robin Medleys
    - 92 Solid Korina
    - 93 Swamp Ash/Quilt Maple
    - 92 Solid Flame Maple
    - 94 Mahogany/Flame Maple
    - 92 Solid Swamp Ash

[​IMG]

05 Charvel Custom Shop Dinky
    [​IMG]

16. Job-Job type Job

Job-Job type Job Senior Member

The only Melancon of it's type in the world (it was custom built :) ). You don't see Mel's every day anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. mad dog

mad dog Senior Member

xbolt:

That Aristocrat is too cute. Here's mine, a 1939 Gibson EH-185 lap steel. It's the only one I ever saw in person:

[​IMG]

18. zontar

zontar Senior Member

This one is one of a kind-
    Made by a friend of mine.
    This is the Baux II, the first one hasn't existed for years, and there was never a Baux III
    [​IMG]

19. QuicksilverSS

QuicksilverSS Senior Member

I really don't have any expensive guitars,just some that are not so common..

My Pignose "Strat'' , a great player and pretty rare.
    [​IMG]

And my 1997 Samick Artist Series 12 string 'Les Paul"

[​IMG]

Maybe my 1983 Washburn V..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 335blues

335blues Senior Member

1969 Byrdland with Venetian cutaway, or the 1968 ES-355 stereo/varitone. See pic at left.