whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by jeggz, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

the repair is solid so i dont have anything to worry about..lucky for me the rout was for a minibucker so it was only like 1/2 in. deep..like mike said $1500-1800 ..thats about the going rate for a used vos jr with the case..i kept the case so im ahead $ wise...tonewise im $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ahead..lol.. now ill find a bumblebee and put in a tonepros vtna(on the way) and either a rio grande bluesdawg or ill go for a vintage p90

2. Mike60

Mike60 V.I.P. Member

...I'd redo it with the right P-90 and the pots with proper centralabs and a bee...drop a line to Kim...

info@vintagecheckout.com

putting the vintage stuff back in is WELL worth it,especially in the tone department.

3. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

i would..but i dont wanna get too deep with this gtr cuz of the head repair ,the neck pickup rout,the plugged toggle hole and all the scrapes and gouges ya know?plus its gonna need a refret...i payed 1500 for the used vos..so thats 1500 + 119 for the tone pro vtna + 350 for the refret + 600 for the vintage p90 and harness..so i would be $2570 into the gtr..i dont know if id get that back if i ever wanted to resell

4. Mike60

Mike60 V.I.P. Member

...you will...$2,600 is not alot of coin...

...it's old wood...

5. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

ya think?!? well it does play gr8, low action and good vibration..ii dont need much arm twisting...hahahaha ..i guess i should get the fret job outta the way 1st..then the pickup and save the harness for last....hmmmmm

6. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

I'm no expert, but I'd go for the frets first as well. Better get her playing great, and then work on the vintage parts...

7. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

the frets have about a year left in them id say..their pretty much level...no divots..just low n flat..kinda like a black beauty..so maybee ill go for the pickup 1st..who knows?

8. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

pic of enlarged electronics cavity w/plugged toggle switch hole

Attached Files:

9. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

put on the tonepros vtna w/lockin studs 2day...amazing how much more stable the tuning is..intonates almost perfect...and tone seems brighter and clearer ..the bridge is super light..but now i realize i hafta do the frets 1st

10. lp_junkie

lp_junkie Senior Member

cool guitar, definitely a player which I like to see more than collector/horder grade stuff.

11. jkinnison90

jkinnison90 Senior Member

Nice score

12. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

thanks..i aint put it down since....ha ha ha

13. jeggz

jeggz Senior Member

welp...its being refretted..big n wide.....ill let ya know how she cums out

14. bblooz

bblooz Senior Member

Recommend you start a thread in the Introductions forum and comment in a couple threads so you'll qualify to send & receive PMs. I would also suggest you start your own thread in the Vintage LP forum if you want to get the best feedback on your question. Detailed pictures are always a plus. Welcome to the forum.

15. ddmeburger

ddmeburger Junior Member

Thanks for the input and words of wisdom! My original post will be deleted from this thread, and I'll start a separate thread sometime this weekend.