What the hell... Here's one of me singing and playing - You got the Silver

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by XpensiveWino, Jul 31, 2017.

1. XpensiveWino

XpensiveWino Senior Member

I'm a life long sideman. A trusty hired gun. I've recently begun playing solo shows to challenge myself to become a better player and singer. Terrifying. I've also forced myself to not drink, not a drop, on these shows. Also unnerving. (There's no bigger problem, just that I hold myself to a zero tolerance policy when it comes to driving. With the band, the frontman's wife always drives us. Solo, it's just me.)

Anyway, I needed to unwind from a very busy non-music work season, and decided to mess around with You Got the Silver from the Stones. The last bit of lead is on an LP standard with a Manlius Hot rod 59 pickup, although not really 'hot rod' type stuff. I also used a melody maker, a junior, and a J200m on this recording. Otherwise it's just my voice, and the summer cicadas outside my door on the recording.

https://soundcloud.com/user-923133707/you-got-the-silver

RichBrew, Bubba Z, Who and 1 other person like this.
  2. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

you sound better than Keef :laugh2::thumb:

XpensiveWino likes this.
  3. XpensiveWino

Hardly! Let's take this one step at a time...

4. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

eh, I always skip over that song, I find his voice hard to listen to on that one. But myself, I don't think I have the strongest voice, and I find it helps to pick songs that aren't really known for great vocals (Bob Dylan, Neil Young, etc)

XpensiveWino likes this.
  5. XpensiveWino

Yeah, I end up doing that as well. A security blanket I'm slowly trying to take off...