What do you think would be the best value in the Strat/Tele world?

Discussion in 'Fender' started by notoperational, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Ferro Picta Carota

Classic player series for sure, particularly the baja tele.

2. notoperational

notoperational MLP Sponsor

Yeah man, I seen that.

Did you see the ad about the purple "Lesser Paul?" It was one off of Payless Guitars haha, they were asking $2200 for it. Thank god somebody flagged it and posted up about it.

Unfortunately, I don't know my Fenders like my Gibson/ESP products. So, I definitely need to be careful!

3. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

I have a MIM Nashville Tele that is ROCK SOLID! I can get awesome Strat tones in the notch & middle positions. And it is all Tele in the bridge and neck positions.

If a real Fender vibe is what you're after, the Nashille Tele is hard to beat for versatility.

4. notoperational

The Nashville Tele is sweet! Their pretty affordable too.

5. overdriver

overdriver Banned

The new AM Standard guitars are a good value IMO 999. with case

6. ippon20

ippon20 Senior Member

I'm a big fan of the MIJ Strats. Mine is a '96 62 reissue with alder body and I swapped the pups w/Texas Specials. Dunno about the JV sig as I've heard the necks are a little fat. Absolutely a plus on the Texas specials! Switch on your bridge and your about as close to a Tele as you can get without actually having one in your hands. My personal preference wouldn't be a maple fretboard though as I think that could make things too bright. In the end though, play everything you can...don't be so strict on your price....for a little more, you may be able to get something a lot more than you imagined. Good luck.

7. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

the HW1 Strats/Teles are a great value. 85% American and made in USA. No HSC though, but you do get a gigbag. The hardware isn't as good as the American Std, but the playability and the sound is better IMHO.

For some reason Sam Ash was selling the Sunburst rosewood strats for only 650 bucks and i had a 20% off coupon. Now I am the owner of a brand new Strat that I don't ever play. But I got a good deal on it!

8. mmcquain

mmcquain V.I.P. Member

+1 - The Nashville Tele gets my vote for "best value" in a Tele/Strat since you can get both sounds out of it due to the middle pickup and the 5-way selector switch.

In the Strat world I think the Deluxe Players Strat is a good deal... American hardware (including Vintage Noiseless pickups just like the Clapton Strat) with some nice finish options and a cool extra button that turns on the bridge pickup in pos. 4 and 5 so you can get even more pickup combinations.

Either of these 2 guitars can be had for under $600 so they are a pretty good value.

9. idlewild south

idlewild south V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

The best value would be a cheap-ass Strat that you got EC to autograph with a photo;sell it on EBAY and buy a nice LP.:naughty:

10. b-squared

b-squared Banned

11. notoperational

Thats not bad, but no maple fret board!

12. notoperational

This is what I really want...

[​IMG]

But the problem is, that finish isn't an option for the re-issues. Couldn't I just have it sanded/clear coated to look like that? I'm not too crazy about any of the finishes they come in. But that thing... That is the epitome of the Telecaster I desire. So what would be the correct way to make it look like that?

13. Robster

Robster Premium Member

This is the one, guys!

[​IMG]