WEIRD Reverb seller

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by dissaffected, Feb 3, 2018.

1. goldtop0

goldtop0 Senior Member

Sounds like a 'letter' conversation I had with Howard Dumble about 27 years ago.......he had a way with words you know:naughty:

2manyGuitars and dissaffected like this.
  2. evlwevl

evlwevl Junior Member

I’m going to low ball and tire kick. If I wanted new, I’d go to GC and do it there

3. archey

archey Senior Member

I got a message about a Brazilian fretboard I'm selling. And I quote, "Are you friggin kidding me? What a Tall Tail."

What's weird is there wasn't even a tail in any of the pictures.

4. fry

fry Senior Member

I just pulled an Ebay amp listing to get some guy to leave me the f alone. He kept messaging me with questions, I swear he asked the same things multiple times. In between, there were lowball offers that kept going up, but not up enough. I already had the best price, and told him I wasn't accepting offers. Last night and this morning two more pointless questions, then another low offer. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH! I finally pulled the damn thing to escape this guy. I wasn't getting anywhere anyway, going to keep it on Craigslist so I don't have to ship it.

John Dewey likes this.
  5. John Dewey

John Dewey Senior Member

Wow. CL imo isn't a whole lot better. I had a guy ask me to bring my guitars to his house so he could try them. He said he didn't have any money that he had always wanted to play a Les Paul.

electric head likes this.
  6. fry

fry Senior Member

Around here, I swear, no Craigslist lurkers have any money. Buncha bums, always wanting to trade. I've lucked out a couple times on a good trade, but usually they are offering something I'm not at all interested in.

John Dewey likes this.
  7. John Dewey

John Dewey Senior Member

I've had the same experience. I live near the Canadian border and I get emails from people asking me to cross the border with the guitar. It happens all the time. I live in Washington. I just sold a guitar on CL to a guy in Colorado. The transaction went well. He paid me. I shipped the guitar. Done.

8. MrYeats

MrYeats Senior Member

It's the intrigue that we as buyers face. It could be a great deal, and I could "steal " this great amp for a great price, or is it a dud? Same thing happens when you put a coin in a slot machine or buy a scratch ticket....If it were me, I'd find one for a price I was willing to pay.

9. nicholas322

nicholas322 Member

You already knew the world is full of assholes. Just move on and look at Quilter.

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

11. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Senior Member

A questioner. lol
    Is he a seller or a nonanswerer?

Geronimo likes this.