Weed content, supplements etc...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Mark V Guitars, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Mark V Guitars

Mark V Guitars バナナフライング...

Me! Well, I used to be. Especially when I was fit, rode my mb often and worked out. Sciatica and/or MS, whatever the fvck I have at present makes me feel a if my nerves are disintegrating. It's really sucks. Couple that with some other issues I have at present, I am a mess.

So, I've been experimenting with different strains of weed, ganja, reefer, 420, keef, hooter or whatever you want to call it. Anyway, back in my hydrocodone days, I used to take a supplement called Agmatine. They make it by decarboxylating Arginine. That is the short version of the process. Anyhow, when you take this stuff while working out, it minimizes pain and other small issues, which increases endurance.

When taking it with narcotics and other substances such as weed, it prevents the normal processing and uptake of said substances. Because of this neat little feature, I was able to take way less of my pain meds...I could essentially cut a 7.5 mg tab in half and it would be just as strong as if I took the whole pill, simply by taking Agmatine beforehand. Cool.

I've been reading further on Agmatine, and found that there have been things like near death experiences and even full on cases of schizophrenia. However, the latter happened only in lab rats, and only when given massive doses over sustained periods of time. That's not likely to happen here. What interests me is what the effect will be when I take a gram of this decarboxylated version of Arginine before my evening dose of reefer madness...aka Skywalker. This shit is strong stuff. It awakens the force within me. Well, basically, it's like lying back and feeling yourself become one with the sofa, recliner bed or whatever you're on at the time.

Oh and by the way, for those of you with pain, this Skywalker strain KILLS the pain for a good 6 to 8 hours in me. That's almost on par with the hydro. So I'm gonna experiment by seeing if I can potentiate the Skywalker effects. I will report in tomorrow and let you guys know the outcome. Hopefully no near death experiences. :run: :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    acstorfer, parts and DavGrape like this.
  2. DavGrape

DavGrape Silver Supporter

I don't want you to be a mess. I wish I could take it away.

bilbarstow and Mark V Guitars like this.
  3. redjunior

redjunior Senior Member

I'm interested, will check back.....

4. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

You Cali guys got it made! Well all you folk with recreational use laws. While I do have my Fl mmj card, we don’t have nearly the choices you all have. I’m still grateful for what I have but those choices you all have are insane!

Of course knowing myself like I do, I’m probably better off without all the choices. I could see myself really getting carried away with trying everything. Damn I wanna try “Skywalker”!

I have been really getting into vaping flower product. Where has this been all my life? Now that I know what I am doing with it, it’s incredible for pain. A proper session can be quite the commitment, but it’s worth the effort. My options for flower are Sour Diesel, Master Kush, Banana Kush, Orange Blossom, and White Buffalo. That’s it, and that’s only when everything is in stock. On top of that we can only buy it after it’s been dried out, put through a grinder, and put into capsules to fit directly into certain vaporizers. The capsules are easy to pop open so that’s no biggie, but having some control of the grind can be important. I really want a certain kind of vaporizer that requires course grindings. Well seeing how I don’t have control over that the stuff I get is ground up very fine. Oh well :(.

It’s great to hear it’s working out well for you! All my bitching aside, it’s really been great.

5. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I still can't believe weed isn't legal everywhere.

DavGrape likes this.
  6. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher

good luck with your pain treatments , Mark

from everything that I understand __ there aren't any drugs that can actually cause schizophrenia . that's a myth that has been perpetuated for a variety of different reasons. all along the lines of " reefer madness " . from my perspective ( I've been diagnosed as being schizoaffective ) , the most that a drug can do , is awaken an already existing condition / create a manic state

so a person that is prone to any form of mental illness , should really be careful with what strains they decide to use . the idea of certain drugs creating the problem is ( imho ) very misunderstood

Roberteaux and Mark V Guitars like this.
  7. Mark V Guitars

Well, I may try this experiment again, but for now, no potentiating. Up all night, tossing and turning. Pain was incredible. Either I was having a horrible flare up, or something didn't work well between the weed and agmatine. The initial effects felt promising. The head and body rushes came on much stronger, but the pain relief never really came.

I'll stick with the straight weed and report back. That was a tough one.

8. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Ever try CBD oil without the THC?

9. Mark V Guitars

Yes. I have tried several different brands and their varying strengths. I must say, it works for some people, depending on their problem. Unfortunately, I often had to take 3 to 4 droppers full just to see even a slight improvement. Not worth it.

10. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Wow. An entire dropper full is a HUGE dose. My father-in-law can take a dose the size of a grain of rice and it will relieve his Parkinson's symptoms for 3-4 hours.

truckermde and Mark V Guitars like this.
  11. Mark V Guitars

He's very fortunate. I didn't start out like that. I would follow the directions, and up the dose over time to try and find the proper dose for me. I think the problem for me is how much pain there is, and also my tolerance of opioids that has built up over the years. I think at some point, it changes your physiological makeup, requiring stronger stuff.

Say what you will about Vicodin and the like, it worked for me, so fvck the doctors that stopped prescribing it for me. If I could get some more, life would be so much more bearable. I truly feel bad for those who've had this medicine taken from them.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. Shred Astaire

Shred Astaire Senior Member

Oil vs Tincture is different though guys. A full dropper full of Oil is a huge dose...a dropper of Tincture is not really (depends on the strength of the tincture of course).

With oil, you're not usually using a medicine dropper but a syringe with measurements on the side so you know how much you are taking.

Hopefully that helps clarify....Mark, were you using the Oil or a CBD Tincture?

Lungo likes this.
  13. Shred Astaire

Shred Astaire Senior Member

Besides...small dose, huge dose...CBD is not psychoactive so you needn't worry about getting high. Now, if it's got THC in it too, you need to be careful. :)

Mark V Guitars and Lungo like this.
  14. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

That is an excellent point thank you for catching that and chiming in. :cheers2:

Shred Astaire likes this.
  15. Mark V Guitars

CBD oil. Also tried the concentrated oil in the syringes. I started ordering them to make the oils stronger, to no effect.

16. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

Good luck, Mark.

I'm sorry you're having troubles, and I hope you find some relief.

Mark V Guitars likes this.
  17. JesseXGibson

JesseXGibson Senior Member

I have a medical card. I prefer to smoke it because it’s almost immediate relief of pain for me.

parts and Mark V Guitars like this.
  18. Mark V Guitars

Just a quick update. The Skywalker by itself is great. Had a decent night sleep. We'll see how she blows...

19. redjunior

redjunior Senior Member

Skywalker, eh? Think I'll try to find some. This broken up sleep sh*t is getting tiresome...

Mark V Guitars likes this.
  20. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I am working with a company that has developed their own take on this. I am just getting up the learning curve.