WCR Fillmore set in Gold FS

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by BCRGreg, May 13, 2008.

1. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

Excellent shape, long leads.

From the manufacturer's site...

"Here is the set that started it all !
    New custom built matched sets of humbuckers that are hand-wound to exactly replicate the tones used in the Fillmore recordings by Duane and others.

At D.C resistance readings of apprx.10.5k, 13.5k, This is the set that will really fool you with the specs. You will hear this by listening to the soundclip here on the site. WCR's inovative and radical winding, potting, and magnetic buffering make these the best , and most versatile tones you will ever see, hear, use, or own.

They not only do the "Duane" perfectly, but are absolutely the very best for 70's style hard rock like Montrose, Schenker, ZZ, BadCo., etc. They do not sound like a harsh super-distortion pickup set as the numbers would lead you to believe. Listen to the clip ! MONSTER TONE for slide as well.

All WCR pickups clean up VERY well, retain highs when turned down, with NO MUSH !"

I didn't find them to be quite what they were purported to be, but they are very nice.....

With the gold bits, they are $355 a set, I'll take $200 shipped to a MyLesPaul member.(Or add $15 if you are not a member of this site)

2. Spike

Spike Member

Hey Greg - What does the FS stand for?

Never mind. I get it. For some reason I was thinking Gold Faded Stock or something...

Sounds interesting. I'm about to email you.

3. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

Going to Canada!

Thanks for playing.